1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sa*et could do the Big XII a HUGE favor this Saturday . . .

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Jacie, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

. . . by beating mighty USC.

Now how big would that be for the conference and in a few weeks, for OU after the Sooners hand the whorns their second loss of the season?

Oklahoma would have the rare double Top 5 wins, getting credit for beating tOSU and the proxy win over USC.

2. echo101

echo101 Member

I will NEVER and I mean N E V E R pull for texsucks to win a game....period!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!! There is only ONE team in the Big 12 I care about and that's OU. As long as OU wins their games it doesn't matter what the rest of the conference does. Not important. OU just pounded a top 2 team in front of the nation. Everyone saw it and they know how good OU is. We don't need any of these other teams to help us look good.. we already look good. So F texsucks..

3. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The standard by which teams are judged to be elite today revolves around the four that are selected for the CFP.

Last year, Oklahoma, despite being undefeated in conference play, was left out while another team that did not even win it's division was included.

Now, both OU and USC are considered contenders for one of the coveted spots in the CFP and both play sa*et. When it comes time to choose which teams get into the CFP and which ones get left out, something as tenuous as the outcomes of two contenders against a common opponent could be the difference.

What happens in the RRS is not always a reflection of how good a team is, as teams often play with such emotion it can lead to a team playing way over it's head or a great team to go conservative and we have seen it happen. We need the whorns to at least look good in their game with USC otherwise, there is the possibility that OU won't beat them badly enough. I'd hate to see the Sooners not chosen because they didn't beat a team as badly as another team.

4. echo101

echo101 Member

It all looks good on paper but I still don't care. I don't like texsuck period. Don't matter who they play I want them to lose.

5. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

Whorns are better than people think. Im starting to get nervous about Oct 14

6. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tbh I’m nervous too about but knowing Texas will play a physical team before us helps. Kstate will get to Buechel they were able to sack Baylor a few times. They’re good at stopping the run too. Texas may even lose that game because they’ll be looking ahead at us. I think that Texas always puts all their chips on us regardless.