1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotnei Clarke

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Jun 21, 2011.

1. WE ARE dirtburglars

WE ARE dirtburglars New Member

I am as excited about Kruger as anyone, but I will withhold that kind of trust until I see him actually do something here. I hope to sweet jesus that you are right and this is a good decision, though.

2. WichitaSooner

WichitaSooner New Member

Really?! Lon Kruger hasn't shown you enough yet? LOL... that's hilarious.

He's only been resurrecting basketball programs his entire career, but suddenly he has to prove himself to you... that's rich.

Mad Dog Madsen likes this.
  3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I know that sometimes program saviors can flop, like Dennis Franchione, but unlike Fran Fran, Lon hasn't left programs high and dry or done anything that would really bring question to his character... right?

4. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

+1

5. WE ARE dirtburglars

No, tell me what he has done for The University of Oklahoma? Nothing yet, and until he does Im just not gonna blindly follow every move he makes. Yes he has a good track record but he has more pressure on him now than he ever has at any other school, who knows if thats influencing any of his choices.

Im not saying that bringing Rotnei in IS a bad move, Im saying that given Rotneis past it doesnt appeal to me at all, but that could change. Im sorry that my opinion on this differs from yours.

6. badger

He threw a strike when throwing out the first pitch for an OU baseball game :)

WE ARE dirtburglars likes this.
  7. WE ARE dirtburglars

He definitely gets props for that. I see professional athletes in their primes who cant do that. They cant even get the ball to the plate or in the vicinity at all.

8. sooner_kaufy

sooner_kaufy New Member

It's between OU and Butler at this point. I would be shocked if it's not OU, in fact, I'm almost certain it will be.

9. Neath a Western Sky

Neath a Western Sky New Member

Hope you're right, amigo!

10. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

Just keep his family away from him, any cameras, or media and Rotnei should be fine.

Maybe...

11. WichitaSooner

WichitaSooner New Member

Innocent until proven guilty... There is absolutely NO reason not to believe Coach Kruger won't do exactly the same thing here as he has at 4 OTHER STOPS. In fact, it's even reasonable to believe that this might just be the stop that gets Coach Kruger to a level higher than he's ever been. It's MORE LIKELY that is true than the chance he fails.

And what has he done for OU? Well for starters he has accepted the position that no other coach of his caliber would take. And more importantly he has been a one man wrecking crew when it comes to marketing this team and this program already in his short time here. What have YOU done in those short weeks that gives you the right to think you are entitled enough to not trust this man 100%?

12. WE ARE dirtburglars

Well first of all, saying it is more likely that he will succeed rather than fail is pure speculation so stop trying to act as if thats fact. And what have I done? Not a damn thing, its not my job and believe me, I am MORE than entitled enough to not trust him yet if I so choose. Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldnt trust? You cant go around always getting your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you.

You can disagree with me all you want and I will respect that, but I also disagree with you and will voice that disagreement all I want. Now its your turn to respect that.

13. northspeter

northspeter New Member

rumor on ouhoops is that he will announce tomorrow that he's attending OU...

14. yankee

yankee New Member

I hope Lon/Rotnei prove me wrong, would love to see it. I'm just worried about OU basketball after 2012.

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How does Rotnei make the post-2012 situation any considerable amount worse?

picasso likes this.
  16. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

There's been talk of him being sort of a cancer to the team. Hopefully that's just because he wasn't happy at Arky.

17. badger

Anyone else attend the Cotton Bowl? I'd be unhappy in Arky around those crazy fans too :D

:mad: I mean seriously! They are CRAZY! They were open records requesting the Nutters cell phone records when it was rumored he was looking at other jobs.

Well, as the self-proclaimed OU womens basketball blogger, there are a few good things that come out of people wanting to get the eff outta Arkansy:

#1:
    [​IMG]

#2:
    [​IMG]

18. Mad Dog Madsen

No Jenny Vining??? ;)

19. badger

Nah, she transferred

20. Mad Dog Madsen