1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Paul: Let Iran go Nuclear

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

Bush had 8 years to stop it. And even though there were some attempts, he and the republicans didn't really come close. The real problem with the housing bubble is the same thing that's wrong with our medicare right now. Trying to fix a problem that doesn't/didn't really exist.

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's about buying votes, and government power. Making people dependent on the govt.

3. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So Homey, how far do you propose the US goes to make sure we get whatever those in charge of the country feel is vital to our well being?

If Iran does get a nuclear weapon do you support invading the country or just trying to replace their leaders ala the CIA Ajax operation in the 50's that helped install a totalitarian Shah?

How much meddling is justified and what cost to our country in terms of lives lost and fortune spent?

How long do we stay in Afghanistan, Iraq? How long do we maintain military bases in South Korea, Japan and Europe?

These guys need to quit living on the tit of the US taxpayer and pay for their own protection. The world needs to share the burden. We are broke and we can't afford to be the policeman of the world any more.

And as far as Paul being a lunatic I guess he is a lunatic in the same vein as the Founding Fathers who advocated strongly against entanglements in foreign conflicts that have been going on for CENTURIES.

The problem with the neocons is that they are still trying to revive their glory years of the Cold War and the world has changed since then.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    pphilfran likes this.
  4. SoonerProphet

SoonerProphet Well-Known Member

Spot on.

In addition, we still have the most powerful military on the globe, I think it is safe to say we can protect the Straits of Malacca if the need arose. To dismiss out of hand the need to address one of the big three revenue bleeders is nonsense.

http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/washingtons-foreign-policy-hypochondria-5652

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

We just need a POTUS man enough to use those damn Nukes we got. Then once we are out of Plutonium and Uranium nobody will need Nukes and we can get back to tossing grenades into bunkers and building Solar Panel Tanks. :D

6. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

7. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great post!

8. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Good post! +1
    But, no one worth their salt thinks that there is "glory" in wars.
    But, just the same, they will always be there.

9. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

This post hits the nail on the hammer. I don't know how anyone can say it better.

10. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Israel would beat the ever living **** out of that wannabe army from Iran!

There is a reason Iran doesnt do more than just talk!

11. OU_Sooners75

Thsi world functioned just fine for thousands of years with countries controlling and dictating their own rules.

Sure, those that tried to be the bullies have usually suffered a devastating end, but it balanced out.

No matter what religious beliefs people have, humanity will do the right thing at the end of the day.

It isnt called rules, it called survival and self preservation.

12. OU_Sooners75

Yeah, Thank you all that have a strong faith. But stop trying to make it out as God this, God that, and wake up to reality and understand that God has nothing to do with this! This is a Human problem!

13. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

[​IMG]

14. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The problem always comes back to corporate money, it seems. There is too much money in war. Just like there is too much money in payments from Medicare.

15. SicEmBaylor

Too many conservatives give Big-Business a pass. They ought to be as distrustful of Big Business as they are of big government.

16. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But you're not a true conservative unless you're also a laissez-faire capitalist. :rolleyes:

17. SicEmBaylor

Yep, which is why as libertarian as I come across sometimes I'm not truly a libertarian at all. I'm a paleoconservative.

Laissez-faire capitalism is all about destroying the old and replacing it with the new. "Creative destruction" is hazardous to traditional American institutions. Some of those certainly deserve to be destroyed, but there is something to be said for preserving some tradition.

I know I have this unrealistic Norman Rockwell view of America sometimes, but I've always liked the idea of traditional small-town America with locally owned businesses and restaurants.....

Anyway, big business has destroyed a lot of that. It almost depresses me when I have to drive down to Dallas along 69/75 through the northern suburbs. It's cookie-cutter restaurant and business after cookie-cutter restaurant and business for miles and miles. It's so formulaic that it's almost comical. You have your Chilis, Staples, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and Outback all within a 1sq mile of each other and then that same formula is repeated ad-infinitum in cities and towns from coast to coast.

It bothers me, but what can you do.....