1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Paul: Let Iran go Nuclear

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Aug 12, 2011.

1. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Agreed.

Does it matter to any of you that these United States were never meant to be world cops?

Does it matter to any of you that we simply can not afford to continue to be the world's cops?

Does it matter to any of you that our inconsistent application of American "ideals" abroad simply breeds resentment, jealousy, and violence?

Does it matter to any of you that our heavy-handed diplomatic approach creates the very problems that we have to continually "police"?

My God some of you need to wake up and get a damned clue. It's frankly none of our business to tell Iran's government or its people how best to provide for their own national security regardless of how bat-**** crazy they may be. If Iran attacks us (which certainly would not be easy for them to do) then by all means let's turn them into a parking lot. If one blade of grass on American soil is disturbed because of a purposeful Iranian attack then I'm all for killing every man, woman, and child in that god forsaken POS place they call a nation. But until that day comes, we have no business meddling in their affairs any more than they have in meddling with ours.

Ultimately, it isn't about national security. The Iranians are crazy, but they're not THAT crazy. We have thousands of nuclear weapons with the power to destroy every living creature bigger than an amoeba many many times over. They aren't going to attack us directly. No, what this is really about is oil and securing our "strategic" interests (i.e. oil). It's about money. Money pure and simple.

The Maestro likes this.
  2. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

And as for mid-east instability...

All of that instability is a result in, you guess it, these United States meddling in a region that we didn't understand. I admire the Jewish people a great deal for what they've accomplished, but we should never ever have been involved with carving out a place for them right smack dab in the middle of the Muslim world.

So, if Iran wants to nuke Iran then that's Israel's problem and not ours. I'm more than sure that Israel is more than capable of taking care itself even if we cut off all military aid (which we should have done a long time ago).

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

4. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So the united states, Russia, china, Pakistan, India, isreal, England, etc can all have nuclear weapons, but some country like Iran can't just because we don't agree with their governing body and philosophy?

Who are we to say which countries can and cannot have their own weapons supply?

I know it is frightening for a country like Iran to have such weapons, but we are not the worlds rule makers!

5. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Then let it be done! Isreal would wipe their asses with the Iranian military.

It is t our responsibility nor our problem! The only reason we are interested in it is because if oil... No other reason.

6. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

heh.

7. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

There's some truth here but I think a large part of not having our own goods and manufacturing is regulations placed on by local and federal governments.

But still we souldn't be treating even the governments that try and hurt us as bad as we do.

Jefferson: It should be our endeavor to cultivate the peace and friendship of every nation, even of which has injured us most, when we shall have carried our point against here. Our interest will be to throw open the doors of commerce and to knock off all its shackles, giving perfect freedom to all persons for the vent of whatever they may choose to bring into our ports, and asking the same in theirs.
    Also from Jefferson:
    Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.

Limiting trade with anyone, even those that have harmed us makes no sense. But were we go wrong is getting involved in alliances and eventually wars

delhalew likes this.
  8. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Israel cannot defeat Iran because they cannot occupy them.

9. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

you should read the news occasionally...
    "someone" is killing the nuke scientiests in iran...
    "they" are also attacking the nuke sites with computer viruses

we're not worried about pakistan?
    who told you that?

10. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

if paul gets the nomination....i might actually vote in 2012...not that it will make a difference...he won't need my vote in this state;)

11. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

they "can have" nukes because we couldn't stop them...

so you don't mind leaving your very existence to chance?

you're right....not anymore...
    now you'll get to see what the world is like with the chinese/russians in charge....
    you're not gonna like it...but i don't expect you to complain...
    because....like you said...we don't make the rules...

12. TIMB0B

TIMB0B New Member

[youtube]h3PWHTV0WIE[/youtube]

13. TIMB0B

TIMB0B New Member

[youtube]WaizGj0Awv0[/youtube]

14. sheepdogs

sheepdogs New Member

Someone has to be.

15. TIMB0B

TIMB0B New Member

You one of those world government fans?

16. sheepdogs

sheepdogs New Member

Are you suggesting that rules not be enforced? This ought to be a laugher brought to you by your divine silliness.

17. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ron Paul is not an isolationist. He is a non- interventionist. There is a big difference. And he is exactly right about Iran. The Shah's secret police, Savak, were non-human. They were at least as bad as Sadaam Hussein's Baathist party thugs.

Besides, the question is moot. We are broke. We cannot go around any longer acting as the world's police force although I compare our role in the world more to a mafia enforcer meaning other country's get their knee caps broken if they don't pay their protection money( I.e. Agree to support the US dollar as the reserve currency of the world by providing us with cheap credit, cheap oil and cheap manufactured goods.)

The individuals serving in our military are amazing people but the Machivellian leaders pulling the strings are not interested in anything but insuring corporation profits.

18. TIMB0B

TIMB0B New Member

What rules are you speaking of? Dozens of countries have nukes. I guess they didn't get the memo. What about us? I guess we should get rid of all our nukes, or is it do as we say, not as we do?

19. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BTW which country that was determined to get nukes have we stopped? North Korea? Pakistan? India? Israel?

20. GKeeper316

GKeeper316 New Member

to date, cuba has no nukes. good job america!