1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney Debate Strategy

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by SanJoaquinSooner, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Esp. Since new polls have Romney up now...

2. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Although I'm a conservative Republican in most instances, I have never understood why anyone gives a flip about Sarah Palin's opinion. Get her off the camera.

3. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Probably not for unlimited unemployment checks and scrips for all...so.....

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  4. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

^^^ This. .. and why of all people is Hanity on fox (last I looked) They have MUCH better people who should be on there.

... still better than MSNBC though. :)

5. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think a former VP candidate is a good guest for a non-election year, mid-march type episode. Wait, she was on recently? Never mind.

6. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

she's a tea party favorite.

landrun likes this.
  7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Also...These Debates just don't change the way people vote. They can also backlash into a view of what the President has had to deal with for 4 years from the Republicans.

I think Romney did a great job of suddenly being a bit more candid about what his intentions are regarding the Economy. As this guy who is supposed to be "The Man" and the brains behind Bain....he showed exactly how slick he is and how he can really razor cut peoples throats when it comes to money.

There is also good strategy in playing to your strengths and there are two more debates. Domestic Policy is on the table for October 16th along with Foreign Policy and the 3rd (October 22nd) is about Foreign Policy only. When it comes to things you are good at and have an edge as far as facts and the many current conversations you have had around the Globe....I'd think that President Obama will really turn the heat up on Romney and if Romney is able to do as well as he did tonight on Domestic Policy....the Debates could very well affect the outcome of the elections.

8. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

which tea party? I'm not sure what THE tea party is.

9. Blue

She's sexy librarian hot for a politician and she makes enough sense. Lets call it like it is.

10. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Something just struck me. Kirsten Powers (the one good looking dem woman) has been on Obama's case lately.

She just said that Romney "killed it". She is giving him glowing praise. Why?

Because she is employed by Fox? No.

She is a Clinton-ite. I believe she has been told by the Clinton's to start undermining Obama for Hillary for 2016.

Just supposition, but it has seemed oddly honest to me for a few weeks about her.

11. SCOUT

I am having a hard time following you tonight. Didn't you say that nobody should be swayed by the debates? In fact, I remember head up their ***, being a descriptor.

sappstuf likes this.
  12. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I didn't miss it but if you think Romney really spelled out in detail what he plans on doing to help our Country....I think jumping on the number train on CNN is a mistake. Give this debate some time to soak in. Taking the poll that a bunch of people who are supposedly neutral and undecided when Romney has been in trouble for a few months now can disappear as quickly as John McCain and President Bush did after the 2004 Election.

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Uh...

Nevermind.

SCOUT likes this.
  14. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

After watching the debate, in hindsight, maybe old Clint wasn't that crazy...

TitoMorelli likes this.
  15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I said they shouldn't IMO but that doesn't mean they don't. I think that in many Debates it's not always been about who won or what they said....sometimes it has gotten down to who people thought looked more presidential. Now given that one of them is already a President....that leaves the other really having to try hard to make a sitting POTUS look like it's time for him to just pass the Torch. I don't think that happened tonight. By bringing up the other two debates....I have a feeling President Obama played this one down and will use the other two to go for the kill. I could be wrong but his last strategy against McCain worked pretty well. I wouldn't be prancing around calling it over if I were you.

16. SCOUT

Hardly prancing, just trying to understand your points.

17. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

So Obama, who many on the left think has the election sown up decides instead of throwing a knockout punch, will let Romney win one??

I'm thinking you wouldn't be much of a campaign manager...

18. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

As sports fans I think most of us can agree that playing from behind is never a good strategy.

19. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

What I think may not happen. I really have become amazed at the impact technology has had these last ten years. I know you think I am debating you or something but we haven't had a Black POTUS until 2004 and we have never had one run for Re-election. So....I'm playing it this way. I think Dean is right that they just have never mattered to much but I also think it's very possible that we could see them suddenly have an impact. I really have a feeling that President Obama is playing with Romney and he just handed him a plate full of everything he was ready to chomp on. He finally got the guy to admit some of his plans.

I didn't watch the thing live. I DVRd them on CSPAN, NBC and ABC. I am looking forward to going back over them tomorrow as I really didn't expect such as laydown by the POTUS. It smells funny to me.

SCOUT likes this.
  20. Blue

Obama presidential?? Bwahaha. Romney made him look like the blubbering empty suit he is.