1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney Debate Strategy

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by SanJoaquinSooner, Oct 3, 2012.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Romney backs off his 47% comment, says he'll keep parts of Obamacare, isn't claiming 5 trillion in cuts anymore

he's mostly just "not Obama" at this point, from what i can tell. he already won over you guys, he doesn't have to convince you anymore

2. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

You're trying really hard here aren't ya? You're normally sort of a chill poster, but seems you're worked up over this? Your dude sucked it up in the debate - any attempt to spin it into something else just makes the spinner look, well...sad.

3. Curly Bill

Makes the spinner look like ST, and that sure as hell is sad!

4. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He's just trying to get elected...apparently you have to lie.

5. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i know full well that you are smart enough to understand the context of those 47% comments. i know full well that you are smart enough to not feel the need to panic that they have some nefarious meaning. I know full well that you realize those comments were made during what appears to be a strategy conversation.

the reality is that during the election - you focus on the votes that you know you have a chance at getting - spending anytime on the 47% (or whatever %) hardcore supporters is a complete waste of resources

you know this.....but you can turn those comments into whatever evil you wish to support your agenda - hopefully you're also smart enough to know that Obama has likely made similar comments during private strategy discussions

they are as meaningful as anything posted on this message board

6. jk the sooner fan

it's hilarious to me that you're up in arms over the 47% comment - given some of the comments Obama has made in the past, as well as people very close to him (i.e. Rev Wright, et al)

kinda cute actually

7. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm not up in arms about it, but one minute it's something you are defending the next it's out of context, then it's "not what i meant at all"

so which is it?

8. Curly Bill

It shows such angst! I like to see our lib folks trying so hard to make everything seem like its gonna be ok. And yeah, it is cute! LOL

9. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Yet another Etch-A-Sketch moment.

Romney's past is full of them, from gun control to healthcare, to women's rights, to backing the Wall Street bankers to the 47%.

"I don't remember what I said but I stand by it whatever it was"

He'll do whatever it takes to get elected.

5-0

10. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm not spinning, and i'm not starting a bunch of threads or anything, but Romney has a history of changing policies to suit him. it's not like Obama is my guy, if anything i think i've said more good things about Ron Paul than i have about Obama

11. Curly Bill

Holy crap! What a brilliant political revelation! Think of it all by yourself?

12. jk the sooner fan

this thread has reached a new level of stupid

and after yesterday, i didnt think that was possible

enjoy fellas

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

I thought Dennis Miller had a good suggestion. Romney should play the quote of him and the 47% and then the Obama quote saying "I actually believe in the redistribution of wealth" and end it with Romney saying I approve this message.

14. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My favorite Dennis Miller quote is something along the lines of...

"Liberals foster cradle to grave entitlement...it's just getting to the cradle that's the tricky part."

15. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

saw this on another board. Just too funny to not post it on here.

[video=youtube;iNhUI8ktHuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhUI8ktHuw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

jk the sooner fan likes this.
  16. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LOL.

17. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

18. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

That was funny. Those folks are very good at what they do.

19. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

poor Jim Lehrer.

20. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member