1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Griffin III out for season - acl tear

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by iwannabelikesam, Sep 27, 2009.

1. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

The thing is, I'm not totally sure but I think Syz hurt his shoulder plowing into the endzone for a TD.

Now, the thing is Syz sucks as a QB which is why he was so quickly replaced by a true freshman. If Syz really sucks you can imagine our 3rd string (Flo) who may be the starter now. I honestly don't know who our QB is at the moment.

StoopTroup likes this.
  2. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hate to hear that he is a great player...

Crucifax Autumn likes this.
  3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I feel bad for Baylor fans that finally saw light at the end of the no-going-to-bowl-once-again tunnel. I also feel bad for the guy since he's the one injured and all.

However, Baylor fans should still see the light at the end of the tunnel, because the coach that's in right now is a crazy mad recruiter if he was able to pull a track star in and make him the starting QB (over a guy that used to be the highly-touted future of a then-respected Miami program). There are a few other examples that I've read about (some hockey player from Canada, the first rounder that went to the NFL this past Draft) that show that at least you're finding some talent now that isn't just limited to the punter.

Stay positive, Bears - your beer will only get stolen once every seven days! ;)

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well that sucks

CK Sooner likes this.
  5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I could pray his Doctors re-read his scans and find out they were wrong....but then your gonna have to show up to Dean's TG with a lot of Zima.

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  6. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That really sucks, I was actually pulling for Baylor to make a Bowl game this year. It makes that game a little easier after Miami but I would have rather had Griffin go against us so we get their best shot

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  7. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

Wow, that's an awful turn of events. Sorry for Mr. Griffin.

8. SunnySooner

SunnySooner Wild West Wench

Crap!!!! I've really been impressed with Griffin, thought Baylor had a chance to have a great season, was even skeered a little at the thought of facing him, he's a playa. He's the most underrated player in the Big 12 imo, hope he has a full recovery. I've torn an acl. It's not fun, would not recommend it except for the drugs, but he's in top form and should be able to come back. God bless, Go Bears.

9. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

Damn, that's a real shame. I hope the young man fully recovers and continues what promises to be a great career.

10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

SicEm...you comin to the TG?

11. SicEmBaylor

Well, I had been planning on going. I've gone to the OU/Baylor game in Norman the last 3 times.

IF we're playing like absolute **** though I'm not going to bother. It depends on what kind of effort we put into our games with RGIII out.

Octavian likes this.
  12. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

wow...that does suck. RG is a great athlete and made Baylor a dangerous opponent for most teams in the Big XII...hope he makes a full recovery.

13. LawtonBoy74

LawtonBoy74 New Member

Its a shame..he was really good, I wish him a speedy recovery...This makes the Baylor game a whole lot easier!! :D

14. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth New Member

dang just saw it on the DMN.... This is one kid I could stand and clap for if he made a play against the Sooners..... well maybe not that far, but still one I like to watch play ball. Not only is he a gifted athlete in track and field, but was making great strides on the football field too. Not to mention a great person off the field too.

Here's to a speedy recovery RGIII, hope to see you back on the field next year.

Wont he be eligible for a redshirt as the injury happened before the 5th game of the Bears season?

15. SicEmBaylor

I have no idea how the redshirt injury works. He really is a great guy off the field as well. Very friendly guy around campus by all accounts.

He's also a very intelligent guy. He has something like a 3.8 GPA and he's said no matter what he intends to get his degree and go to law school. His parents have made it known to him that getting an education is more important than sports. That's not to say he doesn't take sports seriously, but he has good priorities.

He's just a great classy guy and a hell of a ball player. I hope he gets healthy fast. It's a terrible loss.

16. LoyalFan

LoyalFan New Member

Yer referrin' to Sic(k)'Em, aintcha?

LF

17. Knippz

Knippz New Member

Terrible news. Sorry to you SicEm. I really thought Baylor would have their best season this year. Losing your absolute best player for the season, on a team that doesn't have great seasons very often - that's tragic.

I'm not a heartless guy (ST!!!), and I feel awful for RG. I will say a prayer that this injury doesn't affect the rest of his career (and for TT).

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  18. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth New Member

If the rule hasnt changed from last year, if a player plays in less than 25% of your games before injury that prevents the player from playing the rest of the year, he is still eligible for a redshirt... medical I believe.

As Baylor has played only 3 games, he should be able to redshirt this year....

19. itsok

itsok New Member

man, this is sad...

20. LoyalFan

LoyalFan New Member

Might drift over to TexAgs and see how the eternal sophs are handling this.
    Bad luck for Robert and Da' Bears. I had high hopes for them, even thinking they might get a nice bowl game and beat YooTee.

LF