1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jimbo Elrod

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by badger, Dec 12, 2016.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_e885e741-fb1e-5350-92c0-95c347970474.html

2. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The guy had 3 National Championship rings, two for football, 1 for wrestling. He was so strong, once while sandwiched between two blockers, he reached out his arm from the pile and pulled down Tony Dorsett by his ankle. It was the same game as that famous hit by Scotty Hill on Dorsett.

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have fond memories of watching OU during the Elrod years as a student. What stood out was how well he used his wrestling skills for football. He would wrap up a ball carrier so tightly, they would drop straight down in their tracks without gaining any "yards after contact". He didn't need the big hit to make this happen. Even with the recognition he got, I felt he was under-rated.

4. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

Just posting here because it makes me sad that a guy who was SUCH a stud isn't getting more love here for the player he was.

This guy wasn't just pretty good- he was one of the all-time greats.

So sorry he had to go so soon under those sad circumstances.