1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retry Oddballl vBet (FSU week)

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by badger, Sep 11, 2011.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Rather than wait for the three that tried to vBookie abuse me with the notion that they just found an easy vCash grab, I am abandoning that event (and returning their vCash, yes) and redoing it here.

You have till 9 a.m. Saturday (when ESPN College Gameday starts, yes) to vBet. If any shock and awe news happens during the week, I reserve the right to change the odds, or once again, abandon this vEvent and try again. :)

The rules:

1- Unranked teams are defined as teams that are not ranked in either the coaches or ap polls. If they are ranked in one but not the other, that does not count. "Ranked team" is defined as a team in either the coaches or ap poll, or both polls. I will post links to both polls when they are up, likely Sunday afternoon.

2- To win the Bottom 10 vBet, the team must beat a team that is not also in the Bottom 10. I will post this poll as soon as ESPN releases, it, like Wednesday morning.

3- To win the Coaches Hot Seat vBet, the coach must beat a team that is not also coached by a Bottom 10 team.

4- The absolute ONLY free vCash issued from here on out is the vBank. Deposit your vCash before the deadline, get 0.5 percent interest by Sunday. If any loopholes are discovered, please don't vBookie abuse.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. badger

Coaches Hot Seat coaches this week for your consideration are as follows:

1. UGA's Mark Richt
    2. Miss' Nutter
    3. UCLA's Neuweasel
    4. New Mex's Locksley (seriously, how is he still around?!)
    5. Wazzu's Wulff
    6. UAB's Calloway
    7. Mack Daddy
    8. Cal's Tedfail
    9. Rutgers' Schiano (really????)
    10. Oregon St's Riley

Only use these 10 for consideration of your vBet. I know they technically list all 120 or so, but just the top 10 featured on their main page for vBetting, plz.

Once again, I must reiterate that in order to win this vBet, a coaches hot seat coach must lose to a coach NOT in this same top ten list. Seriously people, I'm not a vBookie charity here. Please earn your vCash... or just dump it in the vBank :)

3. badger

Also, I am taking nominees for oddball ideas. All of the talk about UT's quarterback crap last night caused me to add that one in. Keep Austin weird!

4. badger

As per a suggestion, I have offered an alternative vBet to the ranked/unranked: If you think, like last week, there will be no ranked teams falling to their creampuff counterparts, you can take that at 1/2 payout.

Once again "ranked" means either coaches or ap poll top 25, or both. "Unranked" means that they are not in the coaches OR the ap poll. If they are in one, then they are "RANKED!" Thus, when Mizzou falls to ASU, Mizzou lost to a fellow "RANKED" opponent. When Aubie beat Miss State, they fell to a fellow RANKED opponent, because ASU and Auburn were actually still in a poll last week (and likely still will be this week). The purpose of mad, crazy payout if because you are effectively saying a creampuff is going to beat a big boy. You're saying that Toledo is going to pull off the upset of the century over mighty Ohio State, or egocentric Texas is going to get whipped by an ex-mid-major-not-indy BYU at home.

5. badger

Mike Stoops and Kevin Wilson really, REALLY need a win this week. Mike, because Arizona will suddenly get dissatisfied with going bowling every year, and KW because I want those d@mn radio jockeys to STFU after the way they mouthed off to him.

KW takes on South Carolina State (don't laugh, IU already lost to Ball State), while the Zona Cats take on... Stanford. Ouch. BUT, it's at home.

Because they are former Sooner assistants, I will give you 7 to 1 payoff if they both pull out victories this week. Come on, Stoops ex-assistants! GET A WIN!

6. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

I'll make a suggestion for an oddball (Probably not very good). Kenny Stills has first career 100-Yd game against FSU.

7. badger

Done! I'll verify this stat and then post it, just so that the football experts don't beyonce slap me if it turns out he actually had one. I don't doubt you, but sometimes stats are retroactively changed.

EDIT: His career high was 86 yards against Tech. I placed the oddball option in the OU-FSU event thread. I'd vBet on it, but I'm current vBroke. Perhaps I'll cash in on some earlier week events in a few days :D

8. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I could be drunk, but isn't having Mack and Newcycle on your list effectively eliminating each other?

9. badger

Oh yes, that is why I included a Texas-sized asterisk stipulation that the loss has to be to a non-Hot Seat coach's team. So, you are effectively banking on the fact that I am practically giving vCash away by having New Mexico's coach on there. This is why I have lowered the odds once already. I think nobody has any doubts that Tech will uberly pwn New Mexico.

10. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

11. badger

All right then, if one of these teams win* you are officially a vBet winner!

*Please note that teams that play other teams on the Bottom 10 are excempt from this. Don't even bother arguing. I'm not doing a vCash grab here. If you want free vCash, invest in the vBank.

1. We beat Mempis, not our girls
    2. Why hasn't New Mexico fired their coach yet?
    3. UNLV used to to have a good bball coach, lulz
    4. Akron is the place Lebron dumped for Miami
    5. Notre Lame
    6. F_U Schnelly
    7. Can't think of way to make fun of San Jose
    8. pUNT
    9. Lou Holtz is from Kent State
    10. Western Kentucky has the most awesome mascot in the history of ever.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  12. LRoss

LRoss New Member

Hey Badg, this is cool, thanks for doing it, and I'm having fun vbetting!

One loophole that you may consider closing in the future. I just saw the 12/1 on a ranked falling to unranked and thought that was a great bet at 12/1 and put down 100 (UCLA at home against Texas!). Then I scrolled down and saw it's opposite at 1/2, and put down 200 on that. Basically it means that if I hit the 12/1, I net 1000, and if not, I walk out even, there's no way I can lose. It's like I'm the house! In fact, if I put down 400 on the 1/2, I would win either 800 or 100 and the house loses no matter.

Again, don't take this as criticism, I think it's cool that you put this together.

13. badger

I usually drop odds after awhile if I see they're getting tons of vBets, so I just did that on that one since it's really really getting a lot of play (but it did last week and everyone lost, so proceed with vCaution).

As such, a reminder: "Ranked" teams are in either or both the coaches or ap poll. "Unranked" teams must be unranked in both the coaches and ap poll. Therefore, Arizona State beating Mizzou in OT was not an unranked team beating a ranked team. Auburn beating Miss State was not an unranked team beating a ranked team. But man, were teams of-so-CLOSE last week! It was depressing for many, I'm sure. Many vBets died :D

I also reserve the right to drop-drop-DROP the odds if one of our early games fulfills this, like Boise/Toledo, for example, so get your vBets in early.

14. badger

Yo, I know all of you have heard that Texas is gonna start both McCoy Jr. and the other n00b, but do you REALLY think GG is just gonna not enter the game at ALL?!?

Also, to you "Big 12 is undefeated this week" vBettors or would-be vBettors, I must warn you: Kansas vs. Georgia Tech. That's the one I fully expect to sink the Big 12 this week. Then again, Kansas won against a favored opponent last week, so... we'll see. The only Big 12 loss so far is Mizz in OT. Not too bad for a dying league.

15. LRoss

LRoss New Member

WOAH, I said fix it in the future! Dang!

*goes to fix vbets. . . .*

16. LRoss

LRoss New Member

Um . . . so how do I change my previously placed bets? There has to be a way, right? I'm just stupid for not finding it?

17. LRoss

LRoss New Member

Nevermind, I now see that I was locked in at the odds I bet. It's all good, I'll stop posting. . . .

18. badger

All Modador decisions in vBookie are final, as are all vBets placed by SF.com posters. This is not some hardline stance I'm taking, there's just not circumventing it that I've discovered, sorry.

19. LRoss

LRoss New Member

No, it's cool. I all of the sudden thought that the bets that I made at certain odds were going to be paid at dramatically different odds. As long as the bets are paid at the rate at which they were placed, which appears to be the case, that's all right and good and as it should be. No complaints at all, again thanks for doing this for us!

20. badger

Oh yes, after the first week's vCash grab over Hammer's eligibility I realized I could change payout after the fact and still reward the early birds, so I've been doing that multiple times.