1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RB Thomas decommits

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by VA Sooner, Dec 11, 2012.

1. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

He probably doesn't want to wait until his junior or senior year to see the field due to Alex Ross followed by Keith Ford.

3. oudanny

oudanny New Member

According to the Tulsa World, he just wants to go through the whole recruiting process, see what his options are. He is just a junior. It is understandable.

4. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

So much about recruiting should be illegal IMO. Recruiting freshmen, sophomores and juniors I think should be prohibited by NCAA rules. JMO.

I also think coaches should not be able to interview for jobs until after the bowl season. OT, I know...

5. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^^^^^This^^^^^ Just like the kid that went to the Domers...

6. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As long as the AD's are under pressure to win NOW and FOREVER, that's
    the way it'll be...

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

it would be good enough for me to just (somehow)stop the coaches who accept new jobs with new teams from announcing their job acceptance until after the bowl game their team plays.

8. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

OU pulled his offer.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Know this for a fact?

10. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

good, give an extra to some kickass DT somewhere

you can give two to one player right? :D

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm assuming you mean after, not before

12. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hard to get too worked up over a de-commit for 2014. I'm concerned with 2013 right now.

13. toast

toast New Member

exactly

14. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

Haven't seen him play. He is a year away yet. Probably heard he can meet a bunch of pretty girls, go to some big parties, maybe get a nice car, and have a real blast if he visits all campuses.

15. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

who the hell gets upset over a 2014 commit?

who is going to start the thread about some kid who isn't eligible until 2021 decommitting. Somewhere that elementary school kid is playing peewee ball.

8timechamps likes this.
  16. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

False. I know that's the rumor going around, but the truth is that Thomas decided to de-commit after a long conversation with his parents (and calls to both Stoops and Gundy).

He just finished his junior season, and wanted to take advantage of the recruiting process. Completely understandable for a 16/17 year old kid in his position.

17. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Must have overlooked the fact that he's a 2014 recruit... too young... throw 'em back.

18. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not in love with that particular statement. I'd be in favor of yanking the scholarship offer if he still has it. If OU isn't the best fit now, it's not going to be the best fit a year from now either.

19. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

It is on a pay board that OU pulled the offer due to maturity questions.

Not true though?

20. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Not sure we'll ever really know one way or the other. It was reported that both Bob and Cale Gundy were unhappy about the de-commit, and Thomas' said the rumor of the scholarship being pulled was not true.

The more I think about it though, the more I am not so sure. Apparently there were concerns about both his on and off the field production this year, so it does make me wonder if Stoops pulled the offer, but didn't make it public so that Thomas could get looks from other schools. Hopefully someone will ask Stoops about it whenever he has his next press conference.