1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB Kyler Murray?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by soonergirlNeugene, Dec 31, 2014.

1. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Kyler Murray, a five-star quarterback in the 2015 class committed to Texas A&M, is reportedly considering playing his college football somewhere besides College Station, Texas.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Allen, Texas native is ranked the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the country and No. 24 player overall, per 247 Sports’ Composite Rankings. He’s been committed to the Aggies since last May.

According to Mike Farrell, the national recruiting director for Rivals.com, Murray is thinking about flipping his commitment from Texas A&M to Oklahoma.

The key word there is “rumor”, but Farrell is as respectable as it gets in the recruiting community.

Murray is the crown jewel of Kevin Sumlin’s 2015 class, ranked the No. 7 class in the country by 247 Sports. Oklahoma doesn’t have a true quarterback committed in its 2015 class, ranked No. 19 in the country.

National Signing Day is Wednesday, Feb. 4.

http://collegespun.com/big-12/oklah...flipping-commitment-from-texas-am-to-oklahoma

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Just read that. I dont excited about these kids until they SIGN and then actually show up on the Field.

I hope he works out tho. I want strong competition at the position right up till Game time

3. soonergirlNeugene

I'm pretty blitzed right now, so I'm excited about everything. 2014 is almost OVER!!!!!

4. REDREX

REDREX New Member

I think he could enroll in January

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh, Have a Great and safe New Year

6. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Interesting. Not sure if we need a pile of disgruntled QB'S added to the current mess. Doesn't have great size, plus didn't we win a qb battle with atm a couple of years ago?

7. soonergirlNeugene

Yeah, I think Knight was the product of that one if I recall correctly. But I think we all agree that the options we have at QB right now aren't cutting it.

8. soonergirlNeugene

I did a bit more reading on this guy and a lot of ppl think he's more likely to wind up in the MLB than either A&M or OU. Oh well.

9. dwarthog

Are we already giving up on Hansen?

10. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

You apparently haven't seen Kyler Murray play.

11. dwarthog

No I haven't seen him play.

No doubt he earned his ranking, but thats high school not college where he'll face bigger faster kids every game.

I'm not saying he won't or can't be successful, just pointing out his size isn't favorable.

12. cherokeebrewer

A 43-0 high school QB with 3 State Titles. Just a rumor anyway, but one with legs...

13. dwarthog

Very impressive!

Don't we have a running QB already, one who we seemed to avoid running a bunch to keep him from getting injured?

Dual threat looks good on paper, until your QB gets flattened and carted of the field, unless he is a magician like JFF and never gets full hits.

14. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

At 5'10", I hope he can see the field better than TK.

15. cherokeebrewer

I'm not easily impressed with a high school QB, but Murray impressed me big time. Tune in the Under Armour Game today @ 3:00 pm CST and see what you think of him...

16. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

I want someone that gives a glimmer of hope to DGB that he wont be ruining his draft status by staying for a senior season. I'm not optimistic that he will stay, but have to believe if he doesn't think that the guy passing the ball will be any better than TK, that he'll not risk a terrible statistical season and will leave now as his least risky option

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I would be very shocked if Murray ended up at OU.

There has been some interest, but I don't see it happening.

First, he's an A&M legacy that has told anyone that will listen that he has always been a huge Aggie fan, and that his dream is to play for the Aggies. Secondly, he's already verbally committed to A&M, so their coaches aren't going to just give up on him and let him go.

He may see an opportunity to come in and play early, and I would love to land the kid, I just don't see this happening.

18. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

Not to digress too much, 8time, but what is the word on Justice Hansen? Does it look like he might amount to something or is it too early to tell.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  19. dwarthog

Watched him play yesterday. Some very nice throws with the exception of the interception. Looks very fast as well. If he stays with football he'll be tough to play against.

20. cherokeebrewer

I would be surprised but not shocked. He's coming Monday for an 'unofficial' visit, so yeah, there's definitely some interest.