1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PubFest 2012

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by SanJoaquinSooner, Dec 4, 2011.

1. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Good thing those wacky Liberals are getting vetted.

5-0

2. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You know, 5-0, i don't care if they testify, but don't do it under a false flag and testify as if you are an every day Dick or Jane when you aren't. That goes for everyone and all parties. At least be truthful about who you are or who is backing you.

3. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That be a slippery slope

4. SanJoaquinSooner

ABC, you know if the pubs hadn't been so clueless as to construct an all-male panel to testify about contraceptives prescription coverage, ol' fat head's slut would have never testified. Given a panel to testify about vasectomies, would you expect to see an all-female panel?

But more importantly, she raised an issue that the pub's male "experts" had not raised: the use of birth control pills for a medical condition (her example involved a woman with polycystic ovarian syndrome and has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries). Whether she's an Obama community organizer or transexual sympathizer is irrelevant. Clarity needs to be brought to exemptions in coverage.

5. hawaii 5-0

Why were there any men on that panel in the first place?

5-0

6. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

It was a panel on religious freedom and there were two women present... One from Oklahoma.

7. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

She didn't testify. The Dems could have called her to the actual hearing on religious rights.. They didn't. Instead they dressed up a press conference to make it look like actual testimony. It wasn't.

You can buy birth control for $9 a month at Walmarts in most states and about $20 in all the others. I'm sure someone that is 30 years old and going to Georgetown can afford either one.

8. hawaii 5-0

How are you sure of that?

Many students are tens of thousands deep in college loans.

You could be right, but to presume as much could be jumping the gun a little.

5-0

9. SanJoaquinSooner

Sapp,

She was blocked from testifying in the regular hearings by Pubmaster Issa. He lined up all males to testify. So the Donks held an unofficial hearing afterward. It wasn't a news conference, but testimony to Donk congressmen. The pubs weren't in attendance. They heard all they needed to hear from the male experts on taking birth control pills and other contraception methods.

If you think all students who attend private universities have money, you may be very surprised. Many students with extremely modest household incomes attend and have little disposible income.

But really, this isn't about Fluke or Georgetown students, it's about women. Women from all walks of life identify with this issue.

[youtube]xlRC0nsjtKQ[/youtube]

10. soonerhubs

soonerhubs SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If folks feel so strongly about birth control perhaps there need to be more nonprofits started by these folks to provide these services. Everyone is free to do so. That's why we call it the land of liberty.

Why not pursue the more noble path that doesn't restrict liberty? I hear people singing the praises and societal benefits of birth control, and yet they are too lazy to set up organizations that promote these. They want to force these beliefs on everyone else by legislation.

11. hawaii 5-0

Bottom line.......this is about the Republican's restricting a woman's right to control her own body.

Everything else is just spin.

5-0

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

No , I disagree. This about WHOs gonna pay for her to control her OWN body. Now sit on that and Spin anyway ya want to.

13. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What the hell is Planned Parenthood?

14. olevetonahill

A Liberal POS organization?

What I win ?

15. soonerhubs

I'd thought of that. So true. So the fact remains: If these people feel so passionate about it, they should donate all of their money aside from their own necessities to planned parenthood. Otherwise, leave the rest of us and our liberties the **** alone!

Women's rights, MY ***! Is it illegal to buy birth control 5-0? No! So that's just bull****, and you know it!

16. hawaii 5-0

Yes, a certain group would just love to make birth control illegal.

Few people have acknowleged that birth control pills are used for more than just birth control.

5-0

17. olevetonahill

Yer full of it. No One wants to make it Illegal. Just Not on My dime
    YES there are certain Medical conditions that the Pill can help. 99% of the time its taken to keep from gettin knocked up

18. soonerhubs

You are correct, and that's why I'm vehemently opposed to Rick Santorum. He's a ****** of epic proportions.

19. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What "certain group" would that be? Or are you just doing your typical job of making **** up?

20. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

If you really believe it was all men that testified, you have really bought the hype. Dr. Allison Dabbs Garrett, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oklahoma Christian University and Laura Champion, M.D., Medical Director, Calvin College Health Services both testified.

Do you deny this?

The hearing was not about "taking birth control pills and other contraception methods", it was titled:

Again, do you deny this?

These are simple facts that are hard to deny... Unless you try really hard, I guess.

What exactly is a "unofficial hearing"? I tried looking up the definition, but couldn't find anything.. Sounds suspiciously like a press conference to me.

She wasn't blocked.. The Dems originally invited Barry W. Lynn, Esq., the Executive Director Americans United for Separation of Church and State. A man by the way... But then at the last minute tried to change it.. I'm sure Issa subscribed to the same philosophy as I do on many occasions.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

The Dem's witness that they told to go away, would have been a fine witness for them, but they decided to go into dog and pony show mode instead..

Fluke's "unofficial testimony" was completely off anway. She claimed that the cost of birth control during the length of law school would cost around $3000. Uhhh..

So lets do the math, shall we? 36 months of law school times $9 a month equals $324... Fluke was only off by a factor of 10.. Of course she is a Dem and math has never been the Dems strong point.