1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTUS relations with England suffering

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by NormanPride, May 25, 2011.

1. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/n...top-ten-insults-against-britain-2011-edition/

I would be interested to see a rebuttal to these points, if it is possible.

2. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They are all fawning over themselves after his highness's "academic" and "intellectual" speech to parliment today...

3. The Profit

The Profit New Member

They are smart people.

4. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Sounds like they are pissed we cut off their drilling of OUR oil off the Coast of America.

Maybe folks at Amoco shouldn't have sold their souls to the Brits back in the 1990's.

I'm thinking he might have got it right but it's tough letting everybody else drill when they have been nothing but dicks and liars about cleaning up the Gulf. Again...we continue to bag on our President when BP is trying to screw him because he's cut them off.

It's to bad they don't try and appease him instead of ruin him. I'd say we should let Britain know the ought to leave Northern Ireland and then they can drill in the Gulf again. Well....maybe not....but that's politics. We have really sold our little guys interest in America by allowing Companies like BP to walk freely into our Country and take a dump on us.

5. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

Maybe, but he's not punishing BP, infact, BP is selling some of it's refineries in the states now.

What he has done is punished a lot of the normal everyday people who had nothing at all to do with that accident but are paying the price for the drilling ban

6. NormanPride

Exactly.

7. Sooner11JK

Sooner11JK New Member

Yeah it really sucks when foreign-owned companies come over here and hire hundreds upon thousands of Americans.

I hate it when they do that. :confused:

8. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

US/UK relations ebb and flow. Reagan and Thatcher were exceptionally close, though Maggie seemed to think Ronald rather mentally challenged. Bush I had his personal history to fall back on. Clinton was a Euro-Poodle and was bound to appeal to Labor. Bush II? A bizarre love affair with Tony Blair that probably had more to do with Blair's penis envy and religious instability. Going back further, Wilson? MacMillan? Nixon? LBJ? None had particularly close relations with their 'cousins'. Hell, Eisenhower cut England and France off at the knees during the Suez crisis, resulting in the loss of the remnants of Empire East of the Med.
    Obama? I think he falls pretty much in the middle of the pack as far as the Brits are concerned. There'll be a bit of residual racism, as there is here (and Prince Phillip is a screaming racist), but not to worry.
    And, as to 'protocol'? **** it. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT NOW, NEVER HAS BEEN. He with the most divisions tends to set the table manners.

9. NormanPride

I just don't like the way he's handled it. I can understand not pandering to them, but at least don't be an ******* about it.

10. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fair enough.

Though the Brits can be awfully condescending. Were I in his shoes, it would have taken about one 'boy' or the like from some toff and it'd be 'Welcome to Chicago'.

11. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The only way BP can distance itself from their poor management and safety record IS to sell the Texas City refinery. While they are at it, they should hand over the management of the Alaska pipeline. They have so mismanaged it, it is crumbling and leaking...

12. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't think Obama did anything to BP that they didn't do to themselves. It's not like he's excluded them from any future lease sales or told them they can't operate any more in the Gulf or nationalize the Alaskan Pipeline.

Now, what he did to businesses on the Gulf coast is another matter.

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Punishing? Hell, they stopped by BP and filled up the entourage yesterday.

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Were you one of them?

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

So filling up a few cars is gonna help them along huh? LOL

16. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

The Founding Fathers thought the English could sod off as well.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
    TopDawg likes this.
  17. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

The POTUS' agenda should be only to advance and preserve this country. Just because we don't kiss up to England every time it doesn't mean the POTUS is anti-British. What a ridiculous charge: anti-British. As if Obama works against anything the UK does.

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I just wished the bloody queen would have kicked him in his royal junk.

19. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I hope her ship sinks and Kate's 1st born looks like this....

[​IMG]

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  20. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

England hates Obama so much they asked him to address the complete Parliament.

Previously only addressed by the Queen, the Pope, Nelson Mandela and Charles DeGaulle.

Yep, they really don't like the POTUS.

5-0

Trump/ Pufnstuf 2012