1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post rankings: (computer and voter) here as they come in

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Beano's Fourth Chin, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Beano's Fourth Chin

Beano's Fourth Chin you're fired

2. Jewstin

Jewstin New Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  3. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Re: Just jumped Texas in Sagarin Rankings

Nice!

4. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We will likely jump from #5 to #2 in the Colley Matrix computer. Texas will stay #1 in that one. I wouldn't be surprised if Billingsley has OU #1 as well.

I'm basing the Colley info on this post. This guy has a pretty good understanding of numbers and does percentages for each game that are pretty close to Vegas opening lines. The guy is also a Texass fan.

5. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

dang!!.....a Beano sighting....

Beano's Fourth Chin likes this.
  6. soonermeteor

soonermeteor New Member

OU has beaten 2 top 10 teams, Whorns 1.
    OU has beaten 5 top 30 teams, Whorns 3.

7. WxGuy1

WxGuy1 New Member

Re: Post computer rankings here as they come in

So now the question is how many points do we lose to Texas in the human polls? I'm hoping we pull through big on the computer polls, since I think we'll lose some ground to UT in the human polls. The gist of the articles I'm reading on many of the sports websites aren't looking good for the Sooners. Granted, there are some that favor OU over UT in going to the Big 12 Championship, but there are more that seem to favor UT over OU. Fortunately, the AP poll (comprised by many of these sports writers) isn't a part of the BCS ranking.

Links to the individual websites of each computer ranking can be found at http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/rankings. The Sagarin ranking is the only one that has updated so far.

SoonerBorn68 and SleestakSooner like this.
  8. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

9. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Sagaran... OU#1

UT is too close for comfort.

10. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The smell of them makes it that way. I hate those gawd damend whorns.

11. sendbaht

sendbaht Well-Known Member

I like it!!!

12. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

so silly...we bank on computer polls now that are programmed by us....people like Beano...and Norm....on 2nd thought that might be OK....

13. anonamoose

anonamoose New Member

14. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

From the Harris Interactive Poll site:

It's too bad we won't be able to see their votes this week compared to last. I guess these are the people UTerus is trying to plead their case to. If they had OU ahead of them last week, nothing that happened this week should change that, unless Whorn whine has made them insane or they been drinkin too much OVJ!

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

16. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

After looking at how the points in each of the computer polls changed after last week, and then looking at what what realistically could happen this week, OU could very likely be #1 in the computers tomorrow. We will make up ALOT on Texas in the computers. Quite a few voters would have to swing over to the dark side in order for them to stay ahead of us. From checking out what they are saying on hornfans.com, it sounds like alot of them already realize that now that the Sagarin is out. There are already threads over there basically conceding the South and talking about how we will do against Mizzou. I really hope that the voters don't go brain dead...

17. SoonerBorn68

SoonerBorn68 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/coaches

The Coaches poll:
    1Alabama (56)
    2Oklahoma (4)11-1
    3Florida (1)11-1
    4Texas 11-1
    5Southern California 10-1
    6Penn State 11-1
    7Utah 12-0
    8Texas Tech 11-1
    9Boise State 12-0
    10Ohio State 10-2

Harris Interactive poll:
    1Alabama (108) 12-0
    2Florida (3) 11-1
    3Oklahoma (2) 11-1
    4Texas 11-1
    6Penn State 11-1
    7Texas Tech 11-1
    8Utah (1) 12-0
    9Boise State 12-0
    10Ohio State 10-2

the AP:
    1Alabama (63)12-0
    2Florida (2)11-1
    3Oklahoma 11-1
    4Texas 11-1
    6Penn State 11-1
    7Texas Tech 11-1
    8Utah 12-0
    9Boise State 12-0
    10Ohio State

18. pweitkem

pweitkem New Member

I believe these are the polls from last week??? They show Texas Tech as #2 in the previous week's coach's poll.

19. ArkanSooner

ArkanSooner New Member

What a great way to start the morning! :)

20. SoonerFanInAustin

SoonerFanInAustin New Member

Since the BCS is broke up in 1/3's, here is how much weight each one really has.

Computer is .0023 of total BCS
    Coach's Poll is .0002
    Harris is .0001

Therefore it takes 12 Coach's votes to equal a Computer ranking. Of course, it should be obvious, that it takes 23 Harris votes to equal a computer ranking.

I have only plugged in the Sagarin Poll, we are currently 2 Computer Rankings ahead of UT (keeping the other 5 computer's the same as of now). As mentioned above, we should gain more computer strength when you look at it. Worse case scenerio, the other 5 computers don't change, then UT would need 23 Coach's to change their vote or 46 Harris voters. Or a combination of the two.

Again, for each computer rating we move up, it will take another 12 or 23 votes to have UT stay above us. A no brainer is passing Tech in the Wolfe rankings. Before this weekend, Tech was .001 ahead of us. Pretty sure we will pass them.