1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll for Phil

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Soonerus, Sep 9, 2008.

?

Spek

Poll closed Mar 28, 2009.
  1. I disagree that Phil should unilaterally and arbitrarily end spek

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Phil can do what he wants

41 vote(s)
    63.1%
  3. Phil should pay attention to those economically connected to this board...

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FYI...

2. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

**** YEAH!!!!

4. Soonerus

yes !!!!

5. Soonerus

2 votes are candy ****s or suck ups..

6. Veritas

Veritas Moderator

One of those votes is mine. This board is quite literally Phil's business. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

I wish the spek was still on, but it's not my business venture.

7. Harry Beanbag

The other one is mine. It's Phil's board, he can do whatever he wants with it. He could pull the plug on the server tomorrow and it could be gone forever.

If you know me at all, I'm most certainly not a suck up around here. You can call me a candy ***, but whatever.

8. Soonerus

Not when you take other people's money...you give that up..

9. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

I have to ask myself. With all the gazillions of web sites out there, why do I come here several times every day? I don't know who or what Phil is, but I do like me some SF.com. TY :)

10. Harry Beanbag

No, you are giving up your money to Phil. It's your choice.

11. Soonerus

You are wrong you are giving your money to the Soonerfans entity and gain some type of something or there is no point to the sponsorship....what I hear you saying is sponsorship means nothing thus those of us that sponsor are fools...and we should not be sponsors...

12. Harry Beanbag

You can take it however you wish, but nobody is forcing you to give money to Soonerfans, and you giving money doesn't mean you have any say in how it is operated. You don't gain ownership by giving $20 a month.

13. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Phil gets tired of you starting threads with his name in it and bans you, for good.

14. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

where's the option to vote for all three?

15. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

did anyone else read this as

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You lobbyists are all the same. Take a guy out to lunch, and you think you own the ESSOB

17. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This.

And since Phil owns this place, it's up to him to create revenues. If spek was driving people away from this place, then so be it. Yea, it is kinda about what we sponsors think because we do give money to him, but ultimately, it's about what draws in new people to get more advertising revenues for the board. I see why he got rid of spek if it was driving people away from this place, but one must wonder if sponsors won't keep their sponsorships...

18. etouffee

etouffee New Member

I'd spek you for that. You know, if I could.

Spek may indeed be problematic out here on the south oval or the sports boards or the political boards. I can't really say, because I don't participate on those boards. What I can say with a high degree of confidence is that spek is (or was) a key component of the fark boards, and motivation to participate, at least for some, is going to take a huge hit. Not saying anyone is going to quit over it, just that it's not going to be nearly as much fun.

Here's the thing. I used to admin a board with a couple hundred users, and even then trying to be babysitter, referree and judge for the noobs and other perpetual whiners was extremely time consuming and frustrating. I can only imagine what it must be like trying to run a site the size and scope of this one. If shutting down spek makes the job a little easier, do what ya gotta do. I don't like it, but I can respect it.

19. Veritas

Veritas Moderator

Fixed. :rolleyes:

rus, there's a substantial difference between "sponsor" and "shareholder."

20. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Dammit, everyone else beat me to pointing out your inability to note the subtle distinction between "sponsorship" and "ownership". Boo, going offline.

And is it just me, or does anyone else really miss negspek right about now? :D