1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Nick Capra as new OU baseball coach...

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Soonerus, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He would be perfect !!!

2. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

Who is Nick Capra and why would he be a good fit????

3. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Former OU player and long time coach in the minor leagues ....he played in majors and minors too....

4. mojorisen2014

mojorisen2014 New Member

I remember him with the 89ers.

5. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Uh, no!!

6. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'll admit, I don't follow the college baseball landscape enough to know who OU could potentially bring in, so I'm deferring to you guys that know more about it...who is the ideal coach (in addition to Nick Capra, who on the surface sounds good to me)?

7. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Capra was a very good player for OU, 3rd base...i am not a fan of back to the past stuff.

if he is the best hire him, but not because he used to be one of ours.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  8. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

We can do a lot better than Capra. This is a bigtime job, with a number of high profile coaches who will be interested. However, it all depends upon how cheap JC and DB try to be. They do not like to pay their baseball coach a lot of money or invest a lot of money into the program.

9. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

While there may some HC candidates with more HC experience at Div. I level, I wouldn't be disappointed if Aric Thomas was hired. He has the usual background a lot of folks here seem to like: former player, two stints as an assistant and a few years as head coach at JC level. I can't recall if he played professionally.

Another guy getting some ink that might be a good hire is the coach at Dallas Baptist, Heefner, I believe is his name.

10. colston15

colston15 New Member

My vote is for Brad Hill from KSU.

I really don't want a former player or coach.

11. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

I believe AT is now the interim HC and working hard to keep the incoming class at OU instead of going JUCO. Heard that Giese (sp?) is going with Sunny to Auburn.

12. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

hire the guy from Dallas Baptist - he should be a leading candidate

picasso likes this.
  13. setem

setem DTF

Denney Crabaugh OCU...make it so!

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Are there any legit rumors to anyone we're bringing in to interview and consider? Has anyone openly expressed interest in the job? Is it possible that we'll promote someone on our existing coaching staff?*

*Lon Kruger can coach both OU basketball and OU baseball, right? :D

15. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

Badger: Re promoting either Thomas or Giese.

I suppose that could be done but don't count on the other staying around. Especially, IMO, if Giese is promoted.

With all the vitriol showing on other threads about Golloway from players, I think you'll see it in spades if Giese gets the H.C. slot. And not to mention a few defections from the current roster.

16. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Why? All he knows how to do is beat Sunny. But hey, he went 30-30 for a whopping .500 so hells yes, let's bring him on...

17. TweenerTues

TweenerTues New Member

Gary Ward!

18. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

Giese is still working toward his Bachelors degree so he is not eligible for head coach. I believe Joe C. has said AT will be a candidate.

19. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

Larry Cochell! Enos Semore!

20. TweenerTues

TweenerTues New Member

I think its time Stan Meek gets an opportunity for more than one semester.