1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff teams

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerjeepman, Nov 20, 2016.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dede is listed as a redshirt senior, so it will be a stretch to get him back. He should consult with Jason White perhaps.

2. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Now the question becomes, should PSU bump Washington from the #4 spot?

Anyone who wants to see the CFP expand to 8 teams should be hoping that this happens.

Once the CFP allows two teams from one conference, in addition to one that did not win their conference, the other schools are going to scream bloody hell at their champion or other worthy team not making it.

3. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Everything I read about TH tells me he is the answer for sa*et, the real deal. He is going to do well recruiting, reversing a trend, at least for the whorns, that started with A&M's defection to the SEC, and I think he will bring stability to a program that has been in turmoil for 6+ seasons.

By contrast, OUr coach is now 17 seasons old and while he reaped the benefit of Baker Mayfield (22-4 record at OU) falling into his lap, what happens after next year? Can he continue to keep the Sooners at the elite level or will Oklahoma be eclipsed by a resurgent sa*et? How much more Sooner Magic can he expect and believe this, Oklahoma was the recipient of a lot of it last year, right up till the Clemson game.

Herman is going to do well with sa*et and sa*et is going to do well under him. The only reservation I have about him and it is such a little thing it probably doesn't mean jack, but a couple of days ago during a radio interview, he said after saying the goal was to win games and championships, what you would expect any new coach to say, he said something about returning sa*et to the elite programs where it belonged. Maybe it was just filler or was it a sign that after 6 years of frustration they haven't learned a thing about what happens when a program from top to bottom feels entitled?

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree Mayfield fell into our laps, but we have been pretty good at the QB position regardless. I disagree we have been elite the last 2 years even with the record (21-4 right?). Good, but not elite due to serious short comings - O-line last year, D-secondary this year. Maybe it comes all together next year.

I understand why UT hired Herman, but he'll have to overcame the same issues that Strong failed to overcome. And they have recruited well enough to win every year, but haven't managed to do it. I do agree they could probably elevate recruiting into the top 10 with the right guy - we'll see if TH is the guy.