1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our best chances to move up next week...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by The Maestro, Oct 31, 2010.

1. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We should move up from 9 to 7 with the Missouri and Michigan State losses...hope the Tigers enjoyed their one week reign over OU.

Next week Auburn and Oregon roll...Oregon hosts Washington and Auburn hosts Chattanooga. And from what I have seen I don't think our defense would stand a chance against their offenses...of course, I also think our offense would go through their defenses like a dose of Ex Lax through a widow woman.

We know someone in front of us is losing...TCU is at Utah. So with a win being 6th is highly likely.

Hawaii is at Boise State. I know, I know...but Hawaii is about the second best team Boise will play the rest of the way. Not likely.

Also, Alabama is at LSU. I prefer Bama go ahead and lose cause we still need them to rally to beat Auburn as well.

2. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

yep we absolutely need Bama to lose again (not against Auburn), then beat Auburn.

3. OUEngr1990

OUEngr1990 New Member

Bama needs to beat Auburn, then lose the ccg. I still think a 1 loss OU can move ahead of an unbeaten TCU and Boise.

4. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oklahoma is very very very close to Alabama. I would not be at all surprised if they jump Alabama this week...but doubt they will.

With that said, if Alabama wins out, and so does OU, the chacnes OU will be raned higher heading into the bowl season is very good. OU will have the tougher CCG opponent which will help in the final BCS ranking of the season.

5. tcrb

tcrb New Member

This thread has alot of "cart before the horse".

6. hotshot13422

hotshot13422 New Member

We're predicted to go either 5th or 6th in the new BCS, so we'll actually move up 3 or 4 spots from last week

7. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

If LSU beats Bammer and Bammer beats Auburn, what are we gonna do with an 11-1 LSU? If Oregon remains unbeaten....we're left OUt. I'd rather see Bammer in the title game than LSU.

8. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

LSU wouldn't be playing for the SECCG in that scenario, so they wouldn't be a factor, unless Auburn loses twice.

9. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

I think it's safe to say that either Auburn, Oregon, or Alabama will win the MNC at this point. Anyone of those teams with (maybe) the exception of Alabama would *ss rape OU on a neutral field.

Our best case scenerio until we learn how to finish on the road, is a BCS revenge game with the Mr. Potato Heads or the Horn Frogs.

This team is too young and doesn't play well enough on the road to pose any threat to these other high caliber teams. However; being this good and young now should pay dividends next year and beyond.

Overtime and FirstandGoal like this.
  10. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

1. Oregon
    Washington
    @Cal
    Arizona
    @Oregon State
    Back to back weeks Arizona and Oregon State could trip them up.

2. Boise State
    Hawaii
    @Idaho
    Fresno State
    @Nevada
    Utah State
    This is the toughest stretch of their schedule, which is laughable. Boise most likely won't lose, but I still have trouble believing that they will play in the national championship.

3. Auburn
    Chattanooga
    Georgia
    @ Alabama
    Alabama is really the only legitimate chance for them to lose. And they probably will.

4. TCU
    @ Utah
    San Diego State
    @New Mexico
    TCU is not a threat. They will not play in a national championship unless the Big 10, Big XII, SEC, and Pac 10 champs have 2 losses.

5. Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Purdue
    @Penn State
    Obviously, MSU just lost so we really needn't worry about them either. I think it would actually benefit us to have them win out. (Taking/sharing the Big 10 championship over Ohio State).

6. Alabama
    @LSU
    Miss. St
    Georgia State
    Auburn
    The LSU and Auburn games are tossups. Preferably they lose to LSU and beat Auburn.

7. Utah
    TCU
    @Notre Dame
    @San Diego State
    BYU
    They will probably lose one if not two, but like I said about TCU.. it doesn't matter.

8. Missouri
    @ Texas Tech
    Kansas State
    @Iowa State
    Kansas
    It would benefit us to have Mizzou win out. Or at least beat KSU and KU because they aren't on our schedule this year. But it really doesn't matter that much.

9. Wisconsin
    @ Purdue
    Indiana
    @ Michigan
    Northwestern
    We preferably need Wisconsin to lose a game--Michigan. Also, the more they lose the worse the Buckeyes look. But it doesn't matter- we will jump a 1-loss Big 10 champ.

10. Ohio State
    Penn State
    @Iowa
    Michigan
    Could lose to Iowa. Best Big 10 scenario: Iowa wins/shares the crown.

11. US! woo win out !

12. Nebraska
    @ Iowa State
    Kansas
    @Texas A&M
    Colorado
    Preferably they win out, sets up a match up for the Big XII championship.

13. LSU
    Alabama
    ULM
    Ole Miss
    @Arkansas
    Beat Alabama, lose to Arkansas would be nice.

and we really don't need to worry about anyone lower than this!

11. illinisooner

illinisooner New Member

Correct. Well said, sir.

12. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

I don't care if you're young or have road problems. I'll take a shot at the best for the crown any day and I'll put this team up against any on any given day. We have weaknesses but so do other teams. Our best case scenario is and always will be playing for CHAMPIONSHIPS.

This is Oklahoma football people.

13. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Exactly. If you have that line of logic, why don't we lose to OSU so we can go play in the Cotton Bowl and hang half a hundred on some poor team! WOO! COTTON BOWL CHAMPS 2011!!!!

14. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

Yes, it is, but, it's also reality.

Should OU win the south and lose in the CCG and LSU wins out.....couldn't we have a possible rematch with the Tigers in the Super Dome?

15. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I saw we were projected 7th but I think it will probably be 6th.

16. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

Best case w sec is the gators beating the west champ

17. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Its also called blind homerism. Going to a MNC is only meaningful if you win, and there is no way in hell OU could handle Oregon or Auburn on the road.

We need a good solid CCG game win and a good BCS bowl win to build on for next year.

18. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Not if the team that we don't play in the CCG (Nebraska/Mizzou) has one loss only, then we'd be looking at the Cotton Bowl.

19. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

Blind homerism? I call it faith! Auburn gives up 30 plus to Ole Miss? Oregon gives up 30 plus to SC? Boise plays who? If you want to tuck tail go be a poke. I'm about playing for Championships and I'd put this team up against anyone not running a five wide WR set, just kidding, bring on the world! Any given day!

CrimsonJim likes this.
  20. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Auburn gave up two trash td's in the fourth, and Oregon goose-egged USC in the fourth.

Keep dreaming, noobie.