1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU vs WVU

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by hvhurricane, May 3, 2013.

1. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

4-3 WV T7

2. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

6-3 WV B8 after 2 run homer. :(

3. Sooner95

6-3 WV on a 2 run shot. Crap. B8

4. Sooner95

Well. 9-3. T9

5. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Final WVU over OU 9-3
    That was like getting a truck full of boogers.

I hope SG was holding back on Overton to see if we won this game or at least I hope he did.

6. colston15

colston15 New Member

Our two-out hitting continues to be miserable. WVU scored six runs with two outs in the eighth, couple that with two double plays we couldn't turn in the sixth and we lose to a good team on the road.

Dillon needs to sit tomorrow. There are bigger fish to fry this season and in his career.

I think HV's mentioned it some, but we have some seniors that are killing us at the plate right now....

7. colston15

colston15 New Member

And I know we gave up a bunch of runs in the 8th, but we lost the game in the 6th inning. We went up 2-1 with a chance to go up more with Oberste and Mayfield batting with runners and on first and third.

We couldn't score, then we have a chance to turn two double plays and we complete neither. One of which turned into an error and the other tied the game.

Poor Jake Fisher, he pitched his guts out (again) and his team let him down.

It's truly put up or shut up time tomorrow. Lose tomorrow and we're out of the conference lead for the first time all season. Does this team have the balls to get a win?

I don't know.

8. Sooner95

Yea, its' crunch time. I'm not sure how the Big12 ranks overall as far as Conf ranking but we need to find a way to snag the Regular season title.

9. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

The Big 12's RPI is as bad as it has ever been!!! Winning the titile will not even necessarily mean a hosting spot this year. KSU has the best RPI in the league and they are in the high thirties.

10. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

11. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

"It's truly put up or shut up time tomorrow. Lose tomorrow and we're out of the conference lead for the first time all season. Does this team have the balls to get a win?"

Yep, a loss Sunday to WVa. will put them in a tie with us. And if KSU wins, it'll be a three-way tie.

Yeah, I think the team has the "balls" to win. But what's lacking now are reliable Sat. & Sun. starters (especially Sunday), some hitting with runners on base and relief pitching. The relievers couldn't stop T-Tech last Sunday nor WVa yesterday.

12. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

You're right! WVU is playing at home and has nothing to lose. Playing confident. We have to find a way to win today.

13. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

What an absolutely pathetic performance today. Sooners lose 9-6. We get 16 hits, but only come up with 6 runs because we can't get the big hit, or hit with two outs. We also had 4 errors. Carey and Mayfield have errors again. I think they are 1 and 2 in the Big 12 for errors. At least Jack was 5-5 from the plate today. Our FR fight a lot harder than our SR's do.

14. colston15

colston15 New Member

Well, we get Overton back for the last two series, which is good.

But who knows what will happen. I have no feel for this team. I don't think we're very tough when Gray isn't on the mound.

God bless Max White, he made the last out of an inning with runners on base and Oberste on deck three times in a row today.

15. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

I don't think there is anyone in Div 1 baseball that has been affected more by the bat changes than Max.

16. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

Are you sure about this? It was originally announced right before the Tech series Overton would be out 2-4 weeks and it's only been a week and a half. It'll be great news if he is but we won't really know until later this week.

17. colston15

colston15 New Member

I told you Friday he wouldn't start at WVU even though he was listed as the starter and I'm telling you now, he's starting Saturday. Trust me.