1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU vs wildcats...rebound game

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Need to beat them, beat them bad.

This is a game that NEEDS to be won. I'm sure the guys will be focused. Next up osu in stillwater then wv here who beat osu by 20 today.

2. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

This is one we should absolutely win. Just hoping we don't still have a hangover from Monday. I haven't seen a lot of KSU but watched some of the WV and TX games. Offensively they seemed challenged and defensively, at least from what I saw of those two games, they were content to sit in the zone, contest the three and rebound, with mixed success. Unless KSU changes some things up I can't see them hanging with OU.

3. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Would love the see the 2nd team get some quality playing time, not just in mop-up action. Hoping for an early big lead, but I'll settle for a win of any kind. No team should be taken lightly.

5-0

4. SoonerorLater

KSU coming out man to man. From their perspective that's what they need to do.

5. SoonerorLater

Refs feeling the need to even the game up. Complete BS phantom call on Hield.

6. SoonerorLater

Ou , sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

7. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You got your wish...a lot of 2's playing in the first half....I missed
    most of the 2nd half, though. Hield be tha man...sure am hoping
    OU guys go DEEP in the tourney....Boomer!

8. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Good win, to many turnovers though.

Big12 is going to be like this, KSU is a scrappy club.

Lattin has been playing very well last couple games.

9. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Where was manyang?

10. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got my wish, Sooners running it up early and then gradually putting in some 2's and 3's for some playing time even if it slowed OU's scoring and led to more turnovers. It also let the starters get a little more rest than usual. I'm OK with a 10 point win. Keep everyone happy (see Frank Booker) and move on the the next game vs the Pukes.

As Blue noted, where was Manyang ?

5-0

11. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Manyang was out with (to my knowledge) an unspecified illness.

12. Soonerjeepman

well, yeah, win is a win.

Cousins has been a no show the last 2 games. I just don't understand why HE gets the ball knowing they are going to foul. Dude is horrible at the line.

Lattin has been playing well...good to seel

TOUGH league. bu beat isu in ames, tt gave ku all they wanted, wv going to be tough as well. tcu beat horns...crazy year.

Unfortunately ku is looking good. They have the bench that everyone wants.

13. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Thing I hate about KU is (OK, *one* thing), they run roughshod through the XII, and then usually get run out of the dance early. I don't understand why they play with one level against conference teams, and then look like limp lilies at crunch time.

14. SoonerorLater

Also Spangler just hasn't looked like himself since had the knee bump against KU. Nothing that's really visible. Maybe the knee doesn't have anything to do with it but it just seems like he is getting lost out there at times.

15. Soonerjeepman

living up here is actually pretty funny...starting about mid Oct the ku fans start blah blah blah about roundball, (cause fball sucs) then all season "we are #1, we are great, we won 15 million big 12 titles...blah blah blah"...then March Madness and OOPS! lol, it's great.

16. Soonerjeepman

yeah, he def quit shooting at KU, hit a few vs ksu. Sure his knee is bruised. If a bone bruise it takes months of REST to heal. My son has one on his throwing arm...didn't throw much all fall. Not fun...

17. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Spangler looked like he was conserving whatever energy he had for rebounds. He came up huge!