1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU QB Day 3

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Oct 19, 2015.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bradford gets planted then wakes up and drives for a TD. Maybe they should plant him in warmups.

2. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that the Eagles got DM just to get him away from Dallas.

Pretty sorry game so far by both offenses. Sammy hopefully will light up the 2nd half, if CK doesn't go all conservative with a 10 point lead.

3. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Every time I have watched the Eagles their offense always looks out of sync.

4. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Wow, block a little and demarco looks unstoppable again.

5. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Sammie threw what.. 3 picks..? Good win though. Eagles D looked arguably the best they have all year. Nice to see Demarco get more running room too.

Last Giants drive I saw Eli gets sacked, balls flies up into the air, o-lineman catches it and proceeds to get pushed further back, penalty called for ineligible receiver, I proceed to laugh my *** off. :surprise:

I don't like Eli or the Giants... Good stuff.

6. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And he threw a strike to Mathews with a Giant wrapped around his legs...and Mathews proceeds to fumble the ball.

The second interception was due to Cooper quitting on the route. Strange.

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yup
    All in All I thot the Sam an Demarco show was pretty dayum good.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good for those of us wearing nostalgic crimson shades. I'm sure non-Sooner press will not be kind to Sam. He had a share of blame for all 3 INTs and was surprisingly inaccurate on several throws. His protection was good by NFL standards. Only game 6 with this team and things could certainly get better. They have a good defense and Sam does seem to be on the same page with #81 - perhaps he'll get in sync with the other WRs over time. They are getting the running game on track and DM did look really good. Playing in the NFC east helps too :p

9. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yes, he does need to eliminate those glaring mistakes, regardless of who is responsible. He's gambled on not signing an extension until after the season. There's ten games left, plus post-season, so he's got time. This Sunday night's game with Carolina is huge. The Eagles defense has been stellar, but they haven't faced a QB like Newton, and he's on a tear right now. The perception needs to change that the D is carrying the O.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  10. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I think with a little more time to get into the grove with Kellys System he will be fine.

11. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

I'm as big a Sam backer as anyone but that third interception was just flat ugly. Cannot do that.

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

One of his biggest problems is that when a receiver drops a ball, he tries to change how he delivers it to them the next time. He threw more lobs last night than I've seen from him combined in the pros. He just needs to keep throwing lasers and put it on the receivers to catch it. That way both groups can work on their issues instead of always trying to cover up the ugly.

13. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know the receiver cut the route on the one..but dang. He wasn't withing 30 yards...can't Sam see that? I know it's a timing thing but that was just horrible. Along with the double covered in the endzone...DC and under thrown.

14. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

One of Sam's interceptions happened when the receiver broke off his route. Another happened when the receiver attempted to catch the ball and actually brought it into the defender's grasp. The first pick was on an overthrow by Sam and the last ball probably shouldn't have been thrown but it wasn't a badly thrown ball.....perehaps just a smidge underthrown.

15. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1st pick was over-throw w/o any pressure - very un-Sam like.

2nd pick the WR stopped, but he did it because they had him sandwiched in double coverage. Not sure if that is what the WR is supposed to do if he reads that coverage. But the ball should have never been thrown regardless.

3rd pick Sam tried to drop the ball in over the defender who had his back turned. He left it short, which allowed the LB to locate the ball and since it was lofted, it was an easy catch. He should have zipped it by the guys ear, so there is no way he catches it even if he turns around. The TE should have seen the situation and broken up the INT though - tackle the LB early and take the PI flag if needed.