1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU NFL Draftees

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by The Consumate Showman, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Who will be the first sooner taken? I have heard Chester, then Dvoracek, Chijoke, Travis "T-Money", JD, Davin, Clint, and then ??? Anybody heard anything??

2. IronSooner

IronSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Chester taken ahead of Dusty and Davin? That's interesting.

3. That's what I've heard. Kiper was saying that Chester is extremely tough and that Dusty is in with a big class of DL guys....

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I looked at several mock drafts about two weeks ago and it went like this...davin 2-3, dusty 2-3, and those were the only two that I saw. Keep in mind that of the 3 or 4 drafts I looked at they were only 3 round mock drafts and this was a couple of weeks ago!

5. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I think DD is the first Sooner taken. Then it'll be Chester or Joseph. After that who knows? I think atleast 5 Sooners get drafted.

6. TXBOOMER

TXBOOMER New Member

DD 2nd, DJ 2nd, CC 3rd, CO 3rd, TW 5th, JDR 5th and CI 5th. I think all seven of them will get drafted and that is the order I would guess.

7. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I think Ayodele, Kejuan, and Jejuan have a shot at being drafted too. For a bad year we lose 10 guys that could be drafted.

8. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

not bad...

9. Ban One Sooner

Ban One Sooner New Member

Hopefully Travis Wilson can make up some of the ground he lost to injury this year in the combine and pre-draft workouts.

10. emoinwinter

emoinwinter New Member

JD is one of the top FB in the nation. Why wouldn't he get drafted higher? Are FB not that big in demand in the NFL? I thought good ones were in demand, especially the ones that can block, like JD.

11. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Fullbacks and centers aren't usually drafted early unless you have a TE that can play TE or LB or something like that. Most teams don't really use a fullback anymore. They use an H-Back. What may hurt JD is his size. He's about 6-0 250 or so which is too small for a TE. But he'll make a roster and get drafted. He's too tough not to.

12. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

get back to me after the NFL combine.

13. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Dvoracek (1-2)
    Joseph (2-4)
    Chester (3-4)
    Ingram (3-5)
    Wilson (4-6)
    Runnels (4-6)
    Onyenegecha (6-UD)

UD:
    Jones
    Chassion
    Bush
    Rankins
    Rice
    Moses
    Bassey
    Ayodele
    Hickson

14. Scott D

I don't know, I think Onyenegecha could be a late first day pick, and that Bassey could be a 4-6th rounder, depending on what he shows at the combines. The way teams draft corners today is pretty amusing.

15. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They draft corners like Mike Stoops recruits them don't they? As long as you're over 6 feet tall and run fast you've got a job, at least for a little while.

16. Scott D

heh that and the fact that cornerback seems to be a position that an NFL roster can't have enough of.

17. Moses, Bassey and Ayodele could be 2nd day guys......

Chijoke will be much higher than the 6th round, great raw skills and speed will make for him to be a huge cover CB in the NFL, great size, too....

18. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Probably won't be drafted but I'd think Jacob Rice could have a long career in the NFL as a deep snapper. Good ones are valuable to NFL coaches and they can hang around for a number of years. Probably not a bad way to earn a buck.

19. RooseveltRoughRider

RooseveltRoughRider New Member

First Sooner Pick this year? : Dvoracek
    Next Year: Peterson

20. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

wow, way to go out on a limb for that one. the most interesting thing about next year is that we could have 3 DEs drafted...