1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU down 6-4 with 2 outs in the 9th (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by AustinTXHorn, Apr 16, 2006.

1. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

- Ivey single
    - Caufield 2 RBI home run
    - Raley double
    - Kaiser walk
    - Rohlinger RBI single, OU wins 7-6.

Not bad.

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Once again, the cardiac kids

3. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If my stupid car hadn't conked out on me this weekend, I was planning to be at today's game.:mad:
    That said, yay Sooners.:)

4. Jay C. Upchurch

Jay C. Upchurch Sooner Spectator Editor

NORMAN — For the third time in the last four games and the second straight day against Missouri, No. 16 Oklahoma used its final at-bat to earn victory, 7-6, in the series finale on Sunday at L. Dale Mitchell Park.

Ryan Rohlinger’s RBI single, with two outs, in the ninth inning plated Russell Raley to complete the three-game sweep and extend the Sooners’ winning streak to six games. Earlier in the frame, Chuckie Caufield (3-for-5, 2 RBI) homered to left-center field which brought home Aaron Ivey, who started the two-out rally with a single, to tie the game at six runs each. Rohlinger finished the game 2-for-4 with an RBI and hit .538 during the three-game set against the Tigers.

Sunday’s victory completed the Sooners’ fourth sweep of the season, but first in Big 12 action. The win also moved OU’s overall mark to 28-10 overall and 8-4 in Big 12 play, while Missouri fell to 16-18 and 6-9.

Oklahoma has come from behind on 12 occasions this season and has used its last at-bat eight times to pull out a win. The Sooners rallied on Saturday in game two to post six runs in the ninth en route to an 8-6 win. The Sooners also won the series opener 6-4.

“I think the big key was the 3-1 count with Caufield (at the plate) and a runner on first,” said OU head coach Sunny Golloway. “He had the green light and sat on a 3-1 pitch in his wheelhouse and the ball left the yard. I think there’s a sense of destiny with this team.”

OU SID Report

5. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

The gotta quit waiting until the last few innings, that won't always work. Love the heart, but with a little more consistency throughout the game, this team could suprise some people in the postseason.

6. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

confidence is confidence and these last two games have shown that we can win any game at any time. The teams confidence has to be at an all time high. I know this won't work everytime, but it is nice to know that we can do it, and that this team is special.

Bring on Rice
    Boomer Sooner