1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on Marcus Dupree ?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by boomermagic, Feb 17, 2011.

1. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

Does everyone forgive Marcus for leaving OU and some of the things he said and has said and done since ? He is an ex OU player but should he be one of the OU family ? Should he be accepted as such and welcomed ?

2. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

Yes. Forgive and forget..

3. Crimson Kid

Crimson Kid Active Member

Once a sooner allways a sooner. I don't have to forgive him for anything. He did nothing personal to me or my loved ones.

He was a kid that made mistakes. we all do.

KC//CRIMSON likes this.
  4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

He made mistakes but was heavily influenced by people steering him the wrong way. Got to forgive him.

5. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

Marcus is a facebook aquaintance of mine I'm not saying friend because I don't know Marcus but I am keeping up with what he has been saying on FB and I'll post some of that here after I get some opinions first because I have sorta mixed feelings but I say yeah I hope he is brought into the OU family don't think it will hurt anything and maybe bury the hatchet although I don't agree with some of the things he is saying now.. Barry has forgiven Marcus a long time ago I'm just not sure Marcus has taken ANY of the blame for what occurred.

6. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

He did a local car commercial that I saw (or heard?) last week.
    Really?
    Marcus Dupree seems like he is trying to cash in on his former association with the University of Oklahoma.
    I don't wish him ill, but I don't exactly welcome him with open arms either. He should just stay away.
    He made a choice to abandon the school. Perhaps he was influenced by those around him. That's life. He made those choices. He still seems like an opportunist sponging off the remnants of Sooner glory IMHO.

7. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

Kids make mistakes. Adults take advantage of kids. Saw Dupree on a car commercial the other evening, good for him. Hope he gets a little back of what he lost by trusting people that he shouldn't of.

r5TPsooner likes this.
  8. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

Pride, I am getting somewhat the same feeling about him trying to cash in on being a former OU player.. I was hesitant to say what you just said but it's my feeling as well. As I said I'll post some of the stuff he said on FB here later I sorta had an argument with him about Coach Switzer and didn't feel like he accepts any blame because he was so young he thinks he should be blameless.. Anyway, I still think maybe it would be best to accept him as a Sooner family member and bury the hatchet but at this point I'm not 100% sure..

9. tator

tator New Member

I'm sure he is deeply concerned with what we think about him.

10. SoCaliSooner

SoCaliSooner Well-Known Member

I wonder if all these same people heaping praise on Dupree feel the same about Bomar?

11. tator

tator New Member

Wouldn't you say those are two different situations?

12. SoCaliSooner

SoCaliSooner Well-Known Member

Two different times...yes. Situations, not really. Dupree and his people had their hand out, like Bomar. Both were highly recruited and stars. Both put their personal dislike for their coaches before the team.

Kids make mistakes...

13. fossil

fossil New Member

:eek: Sheesh, I'll loan you a period if you'll use it somewhere.

14. tator

tator New Member

Maybe I just have a simple opinion of them. In my mind, Bomar was caught accepting money from a booster and Dupree bailed on the team. Those feel like different situations, because they are different. I probably don't have much insight though.

15. tator

tator New Member

And to answer the original question, I don't have any problem at all with Dupree making money in any legal way he sees fit. If there wasn't a market, he wouldn't be getting hired to make commercials. Is he taking advantage of his time at OU? Maybe, but I don't think its anything worth getting upset about.

16. fossil

fossil New Member

:mad: The answer is NO!! Bomar was knucklehead!!!

17. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I have no ill will towards either. Bomar has said what he did was wrong and regrets it. You have to live with your mistakes and move on the best you can, and he did just that. Quinn, on the other hand, handled it like a tool.

18. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

Bomar while at OU NEVER showed anything close to what Dupree showed.. My goodness Dupree was a SUPERSTAR talent wise and on the field as a freshman. You never heard anyone complain about Dupree's on the field production except that he would have done even better in the bowl game had he been in shape but even then the guy rushed for 245 yds. on 19 carries against the nations # 1 defense {Allowing only 68 yds a game} against the rush.. Barry knew had Marcus been in shape he would have rushed for 350 or 400 yds. but he probably should have kept that knowlege to himself.

19. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

I won't use it so don't bother

20. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

I hold no ill will towards either Bomar or Marcus Dupree. I've got the feeling that what Marcus did eats away at him every day of his life. He squandered the opportunity of a lifetime. Regrets are a terrible thing.