1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more big high school all-star game...

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Tomorrow (Sunday, January 5th), the Semper Fidelis Bowl (my personal favorite) will be played in Carson, California. While it's never hyped as much as the Under Armor or Army All American Game, it's still one of the premier events.

This year could be a particularly big year for the Sooners, as OU commit (DB) Tito Windam and current recruit (LB) Jonathan Thomas will be playing. And as an extra bonus, OU Center Ty Darlington's brother (Zack Darlington) will be playing QB. He's not a Sooner recruit, but still an interesting connection.

With OU missing out on Williams today, a LB pick-up like Thomas would be very nice.

The game is on Fox 1 at 8:00 CT

2. todd_shelton87

todd_shelton87 New Member

Any more DT Tackle prospects?

Looks like the only one out of high school they have a decent shot of landing is DJ Williams from Lufkin, Texas.

2015 is shaping up to be a great d-line class, but no official DT's at this point.

3. 8timechamps

Couple more guys to keep an eye on in this game: Current commits (WR) Dalis Todd, (TE) Carson Meier and (DB) Marcus Green.

In addition to Jonathan Thomas, there are a couple of other possible target in (DB) Steven Parker and (OL) Kenyon Frison

Should be a lot of Sooners in action.

4. 8timechamps

Right now, the best chace is DT commit Courtney Garnett. He's decommitted from Texas and says OU is the front runner. I think Williams is a very, very longshot and I'm not sure the Sooners are even pursuing him anymore.

5. oupride

oupride New Member

Thanks so much!