1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympics...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by CatfishSooner, Aug 7, 2008.

1. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Why, did he take the gold medal winner "hunting" after the race or something?

2. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

US Men's basketball
    US 49-40 over Argentina at the half

They are playing like crap.

3. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

86-69 US now, early in the 4th.

C'mon, someone. Punch Manu. Punch him in the f*cking head.

4. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

I mean, run into the locker room or wherever and punch Manu in the f*cking head. :D

5. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

6. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I see that Andre Nachosonly has learned his flopping from Manu Ginflopoli

7. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

They still don't know the status of Manu's injury, 'cause every time the trainer touches him he drops to the floor, screaming for a foul.

8. illinisooner

illinisooner New Member

Was anyone else annoyed that tape delayed the game...by an hour? They kept saying watch the US play at 9:15, then the Today Show kept going until 10, and they then played the game (from the start) even though only a half had been completed. Did we really need to get another hours worth of the Today Show? Of course, watching it online consisted of no commentary (bizarre, since there was obviously commentary on the tape delay) and constant "buffering", so you couldn't really enjoy it. C'mon NBC, if you're gonna pay billions of dollars for the games, get it right!

9. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gold is a Baylor thing. Silver, not so much.

10. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Today was just insane in my office. Two Thai boxers - light welterweight Manus Boonjumnong and flyweight Somjit Jongjohor – were in the semi-finals.

My colleague Geoff and I went to lunch a little early so we could be back in time for the 12:40pm and 1:40pm bouts. The elevator going down to the ground floor was full and, when I whispered to Geoff that we need to eat fast, the whole elevator broke out in laughter because everyone had the same idea.

When the bouts started, everyone in my office was screaming and yelling and jumping up and down and punching in the air, even the women analysts. It was actually a bit unsettling – the upper cuts, jabs, rights, lefts and below the belt punches. I got scared and retreated back the safety of my office to watch the TV screen.

Manus and Somjit both won and will be fighting for the gold tomorrow. The streets of Bangkok will be completely empty when they fight, which is pretty amazing for a city of 10 million.

11. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm going to disown you if you know any Chimchowadee's.

12. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Holy crap. I cheerfully welcome our new Jamaican overlords.

13. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This Degale/Correa boxing match is one of the ugliest boxing matches I've ever seen.

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The pic:
    [​IMG]
    The quote:
    The link.

15. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

I think the US women are going to have enjoy the surprise Silver, and the joy of taking one set from the Brazilians, because they are starting to look pretty out-matched. Still one hell of a run for them, though.

16. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

I may have spoke too soon as the ladies are hanging with the Brazilians in the 4th set. If they could pull it off it would be truly shocking.

17. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

dang, talk about poor sportsmanship

18. Paperclip

Paperclip SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Especially since they lost it about 8 hours before it was shown. :)

19. Pirate Past Fifty

Pirate Past Fifty New Member

Anybody know why they have the short (height) player in the middle in women's volleyball?

20. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

That's the setter. It's their job to "set" the ball where the big girls can pound it. If that person is always in the middle, whoever receives the serve knows where to hit it to get it to the setter.