1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Oklahoma] Legislator wants English to be state language

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by tommieharris91, Mar 7, 2007.

1. skycat

skycat New Member

I'd have to hear one of the lawyerly types say something about this, but I find that hard to believe. At least on free speech grounds.

Maybe some kind of disenfranchisment argument could work. But again, I'm no lawyer.

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm still aughing at this.

I realize it's sarcasm but do you think anyone who disagrees with you is a knuckle dragger struggling to stand erect?

there are basic foundations in this country that need to be made into law due to the fact that is wasn't necessary in the past.

how about becoming a legal immigrant? it's a novel idea right?

3. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that is crazy

4. skycat

skycat New Member

meh, lots of places along the Canadian-US border take currency from both countries, and they make it work.

I don't have any problem with a business that decides that they can make more money if they accept pesos, accepting pesos.

5. frankensooner

frankensooner New Member

Is there a large trade in Pesos? I though the Illegals were here to earn dollars? I guess I just don't get it. :D

6. usmc-sooner

we shouldn't make them obey our laws, maybe the laws our different in their country and we don't want them to feel unwelcome in their country.

Maybe we could set aside part of our tax dollars for their health care, schooling, and require them to not pay any taxes. (oh wait we already do that) no wonder they feel so darn unwelcome.

7. skycat

skycat New Member

I don't think that anyone in this thread is saying that any particular group of people shouldn't be made to obey the law.

8. slickdawg

slickdawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought the DOLLAR was the legal tender of the US.

Hell, let's start using Dinar's for currency then.

usmc-sooner likes this.
  9. usmc-sooner

dude I know that's not my point. md made the argument about us not making them feel welcome. I'm being sarcastic, I'm not really talking about laws, and pesos.

10. slickdawg

I'm tired of US taxpayer money funding people that are here illegally.

I don't car how much it costs, extradite every one of their asses back to where they belong.

11. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

We just need one world currency, one world language, and one world government. I nominate Nicolai Carpathia to run it.

12. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

Doesn't mean business can't accept other means of payment though. Barter is legal as well. You can spend dollars pretty much anywhere you want in the world. Several nations also use the United States dollar as their official currency. Why wouldn't it work in reverse if the business so chooses.

13. skycat

skycat New Member

Yeah, but it's stuff like that that sends these threads spinning out of control.

It may be too late to prevent that already though.

14. royalfan5

Who is going to pick your vegetables then ?

15. skycat

skycat New Member

All that means is that everyone in this country has to accept the dollar for transactions. If a business chooses to accept Wheeties cereal box tops in addition to dollars, that's their business.

16. slickdawg

There are LEGAL ways into the country - use them.

17. royalfan5

Fine in theory, works very poorly in practice though.

18. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

So it's ok to be a criminal?

19. slickdawg

I'll send the IRS a bunch of Wheaties box tops then.

20. royalfan5

Is the money it would take to wipe out illegal immigration worth it? If it takes more money to stop illegal immigration, than illegal immigrants costs the tax payer, would America really benefit?