1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oklahoma has no chance to play in the National Title Game.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by dolemitesooner, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dolemitesooner

dolemitesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Our computer ranking is only going to get worse as teams with one lose like South Carolina, and Kentucky, or Auburn keep winning. As Oklahoma's will only get worse because we play teams like Iowa State, Baylor, and A&m.

North Texas, and Utah State are killing us.

Also we need to win out Osu @ home and Tech on the road are not gauranteed wins with the way this team plays sometimes.

We need to be hoping we win out and win a big 12 title. This MNC talk is getting old. First off we don't deserve to be there after losing to Colorado, secondly there is not a chance in hell we get there anyways.

nmsoonergirl and OK2LA like this.
  2. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Jeez Doleo...when did you drink that NickZepp kool-aid? :rolleyes: (I keed).

It's definitely a long shot at this point, and we're still going to need lots of help from the upset bug (without getting bit ourselves, of course). But frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck on the outside looking in. I just hope LSU is in the same position if it comes to that.

3. dolemitesooner

Ohio state, Bc and South Folirda could all lose a game and we still won't play in the title game.

Its getting ****ing old hearing people talk about it when we still have 5 games to ****ing win.

4. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Well you're just one big ****ing ray of sunshine today.

I completely agree that talking about NC's with 5 games left is stupid. However, if we win out - especially if we win out convincingly - we'll be in the picture. And personally, I could give a **** was all the other teams do. History has proven though if you've gotta lose a game, lose it early, lose it on the road, and lose it to a half-way decent team. We did that, and the further into the season we get the further from the minds of the dimwits who evaluate this stuff our loss is going to be.

USF? If they lose a game they'll plummet out of the top-10 like a rock. USC? Lost at home to a ****ty team. Almost got beat by an even ****tier team (Arizona). They're out.

Stranger things have happened than us getting to the championship game. Much stranger. But I'm with you on all the talk about it. Let's just worry about beating Iowa State. Bad. Like a historical beatdown of biblical proportion.

5. misplaced_sooner

misplaced_sooner New Member

I'll tell you who doesn't deserve to be there and it ain't the Sooners. OSU has beat, ONE D-1 team with a winning record, so they deserve to be there? What?

OU wins out, they will play for the National Title.

Andrew

6. dolemitesooner

In my above statement did I ever mention that Tosu deserved to be there.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL ANDREW

7. oupride

oupride New Member

I agree with dole. I no longer believe we will play for the NC. So my suggestion to everyone else is to sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the ride. This is a very good team! However, not great ie. CO. When this team wins out the rest of the way for a strong finish then sing 'Que Sera Sera' and watch the Sooners enter 2008 as #1 or #2. Boomer Sooner!

8. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

like you can read beyonce.

dolemitesooner likes this.
  9. dolemitesooner

:D

10. misplaced_sooner

I didn't imply you said such a statement. I was stating that OSU has no reason to be ranked #1 and go to a title game until they actually beat a decent team.

READING IS EASY, UNDERSTANDING IS FUNDAMENTAL!

Stoop Dawg and soonernation like this.
  11. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

what are our chances in the People's national title game? :pop:

12. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

First lets deal with factual error:Auburn is a 2 loss team,secondly we do have boost for SOS in the future as KU is # 13 in BCS,Missou #16,UT #22,TT #24.What people are forgetting here is not only do your future foes affect your BCS,so do the past.IF UT wins out,that helps,IF Missou or KU wins out,that helps(especilly if KU beats a one losss Missou for Big 12 North).Yes OU is a longshot but not as much as they were right after the CU debacle.Other than me,who thought OU would be back in the TOP 10 with 5 regular season games to go?Stranger things have already happened this year.

13. dolemitesooner

They can only play who is ahead of them. Their computer ranking is higher than ours. They deserve to play in it if they go undefeated

14. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

You people, we could lose all our remaining games and STILL play for the national championship. Here's how it would work. All we would need is for everybody else to lose all their remaining games by a really huge margin. We'd be in like Flint!

TMcGee86 likes this.
  15. OU Adonis

OU Adonis New Member

Considering how the top 5 keep losing every week I like our chances.

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did I forget to mention UM could also give us a HUGE boost by winning out?Don't laugh,they have only lost by 3,6 to Georgia Tech,UNC.They still have FSU,NC State,Virginia,VTech, and BOSTON COLLEGE left. A 9-3 UM finsh is possible.They could boost us and bring down BC.

17. misplaced_sooner

I'm not worred, OhSU will lose 2, probably Penn State/Illinois.

BC has a tough road ahead. Florida St., Clemson, Maryland, and the canes. While not a brutal schedule, I'm sure they come thru that undefeated.

South Florida has the easiest road, the only real worries for them might be Cincy and Louisville.

LSU still has to beat either Kentucky, South Carolina again. That is a tough road.

OU has a really good chance of making the title game.

GO SOONERS!

Andrew

18. soonernation

soonernation New Member

Our schedule compared to the other one loss teams out there sets up well for OU to win #8. If South Florida or tOSU lose a game then they are going to fall out of the discussion like a rock. Of those two I think South Florida has the beat chance to go undefeated.

If OU goes undefeated the rest of the year we have a VERY good shot at going to the BCS Title game. We need some things to go our way but to say it's impossible is wrong.

19. bstuff1979

bstuff1979 New Member

I'm not worried. Karma will take over and OU will play either LSU or Oregon for the title. Now, it may be the AP national title, but it will be for at least a share of the national title. If it happens to be Oregon, I can promise that OU will win. Oregon will be setting up for a field goal, with the game set at 31-30 Oklahoma on top with 2 second left. The Nike, er, Oregon kicker only has to kick this 27 yd'er to win the game. What happens? 12 men in the huddle for the ugly ducks, OU wins. Meanwhile, South Florida beats Boston College in that other game.

20. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think we should refuse to attend the National Championship game even if we get to go because Doleo said we got no chance.

In fact, I think we should all just roll over and poo in our pants.

AlbqSooner likes this.