1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okay, so ebola is a little to close to me for my own comfort.

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by yermom, Sep 30, 2014.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Just dont kiss or **** any of em and ya should be ok.

3. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

4. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Hopefully no one sneezes/pukes on me at the fair

5. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

....so it was nice knowing you, sir!

6. olevetonahill

Anyone ever sneezes /pukes on me. Having Ebola is the gonna be the least of their problems.:boxing:

7. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It won't be until next weekend, so it's likely we'll pretty much know if it spread past that one person. If it were this weekend, though, I would stay the hell away from that fair. I don't care how "hard" it is to spread it. I'm not going near a usually fatal Level 4 disease that has an infectious dose of 1-10. It ain't that hard to get it. I'd rather get HIV.

8. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

The illegals have brought it across and are spreading it everywhere. It's closer than you think (Dallas)

9. olevetonahill

Lemming! LOL

10. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

In fact, it is not a highly communicable disease as far as the US is concerned.

Additionally, as long as you receive treatment after it is identified you stand a very good chance of surviving. Hell, all 3 US citizens identified as having the disease in Africa had enough time to be flown back to the states and all survived.

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If it mutates once it gets spread outside Africa we might be doomed, but for the time being, say NO to Texas slutty whorns during trip to Dallas.

12. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ahhh, practical, logical advice...:biggrin:

13. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's funny that they are down playing this event by saying you cannot transmit this virus unless you are sick. Ebola, like all viruses, has a prodrome in which very subtle symptoms may be present and the individual may or may not consider themselves "sick". During this prodrome the individual is very contagious. I think the CDC is trying too hard to down play this and by not tracking all the contacts of this individual they are risking allowing a new case to develop in the country, IMO.

One very scarey fact is that Ebola can be transmitted via semen for up to 3 months AFTER the individual recovers from symptoms. I think it is this alarming fact that will allow the epidemic in Africa to continue to spread much like the HIV epidemic has.

And Badger is correct. The more it spreads the more it mutates. There are already 2 examples of the virus spreading by the airborn route in other species in labs.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  14. Eielson

I know what they're saying. They don't want panic, so they're downplaying it. If they wanted chaos, they could easily do that with all kinds of horror stories. Ebola isn't something to take lightly, and I guarantee that nobody involved with it is. We've got the best healthcare in the world, so I suspect we'll take care of this. I'm not impressed by 3 US citizens still being alive, though.

15. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wat?! Then, might as well stay home and watch it on TV.

:frown:

16. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

Yes, the half-hourly updates concerning the patient in the US on every radio and television news station along with the daily coverage of the situation in Africa for the last 6 weeks certainly amounts to downplaying the situation.

17. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

18. Eielson

I didn't realize the CDC, WHO, doctors, etc. run the media.

19. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mr. Duncan may have become infected after his landlord’s daughter fell gravely ill. On Sept 15, Mr. Duncan helped his landlord and his landlord’s son carry the stricken woman to the hospital, his neighbors and the woman’s parents said. She died the next day.

http://www.100percentfedup.com/news...tact-with-5-kids-who-were-in-school-this-week

doesn't sound like to me he had sex with the infected person...and on top of that...ANY pics I've seen of anyone helping they are in haz-mat outfits...so if they are not taking chances neither am I.

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

My gawd man after years of hearing about the red raider rash I'd think you would have learned to say no to Texas sluts by now.

[​IMG]
    NO! STAY AWAY!