1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay Kool Aid drinkers...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Curly Bill, Oct 12, 2013.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is where I'd put us too. To be fair to other teams, everyone has injuries and ours seem lighter than usual (look at UGA). I think not having Phillips in the middle today was big because we are thin at DT. That allowed UT to get 3-4 yards on most runs that were defended well. Not sure how much losing Nelson hurt. Alexander missed a couple of plays I saw, but I thought he played pretty well. Never know what kind of big plays Nelson might have made though.

2. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Fan stands for FANATIC.

3. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

How does it go? He may have his pride, but his dignity walked out the door years ago.

4. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sad thing is that Mack's biggest problem is that he's too nice of a guy.

5. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Pretty simple really. D and ST's played well enough to win. My spin,,,Bell was put in an uncomfortable position ( by his own coaches). The offense I seen out there today was NOT even close to what we've seen in the first few games. Bell was forced to run an unfamiliar offense, hence the happy feet, etc. The sputtering of the offense was NOT Bells fault. IMHO

6. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some of that may be true,.............however............Bell just doesn't look tome to have the tools to be either a running qb or a passing qb. He is too slow to be a runner and too inaccurate to be a passer. I know he has only started a few games but I can't think of a starting QB in the stoops era with less tools/talent, whatever you want to call it. Just my opinion.

7. Because today was all about the offense.. Go..tit.

8. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We gave up a punt return for a TD. How did our ST play well enough?

9. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

f. u. c . k

10. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

I said well Enuf to win. Do you disagree?

11. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The defense gave up 22 points and scored 7 including 2 long pass plays.

ST gave up 1 PR for a TD and had one long KO return.

Iffy argument on the D. Definitely not on ST.

12. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

I'm not a kool aid drinker, but here's my two cents...

...they better find two guys quick that can clog up the run like Phillips and make plays like Nelson, or else we're looking at another 10-3 season with average bowl for a reward.

(NOTE: Yes, it's crazy to complain about another potential 10 win season but that's the cross we seem to bear as Sooner fans. We are turning into the Georgia of the Big 12 - win tons of games, never in the national title picture past October.)

13. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

The difference is, how many conf titles has UGa amassed?

14. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I missed the 2nd half. "well, I wouldn't say that I MISSED it, Bob."

I'm going to watch some of it now. The rest tomorrow. Intensity had as much to do with the whorn's win today as schemes.

15. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....if we are going to do nothing more than live on short to intermediate routes and check-downs then I would rather have a qb who runs a 4.5 forty at the wheel.

ss

16. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah New Member

Nice job working in the "Office Space" reference although you will be in a much better mood if you were to watch that instead.

17. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Tough loss for you guys. I think the upset bug must just be in the air today.

I must admit though I really don't understand why Bob didn't make a change at qb once it became apparent that Bell was not up to the task.

18. soonerfan69

soonerfan69 Well-Known Member

Me too Bell has sucked *** the last 2 games and is sooooooooooo slow

19. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah New Member

add that to the long list of questions

20. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member