1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, High Definition recording guys...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Norm In Norman, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

The game this weekend is going to be on ABC in HD. PLEASE someone record this game in HD, convert it to DIVX and make a torrent out of it so we can all share in it's HD glory. I don't mean record it on your DVD recorder or anything like that. That's not good enough. I mean record the HD feed on your computer with an HD tuner and downconvert it to a 960x528 DIVX (which seems to be a standard out there in torrent land) and share it. Please. I beg of you. I'll let you make some admin decisions for me if you do.

If I can find someone to do this for me, I promise I will share the wealth.

2. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

How do I download it to my laptop?

3. Sooner_Bob

Sooner_Bob SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How much is a decent HD tuner card?

4. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

USB????

5. Norm In Norman

Download it to your laptop from where?

6. Norm In Norman

I dunno. They used to be about $200. Add to that the new hard drive I'd have to buy in order to record a game and I'm out.

7. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

Cox TIVO/recorder

8. OKC-SLC

OKC-SLC SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i have no idea what any of you are talking about.

9. Norm In Norman

AFAIK, you can't. You'd have to record it from a computer.

10. Norm In Norman

I can tell.

11. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

12. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

Ok...bummer....

13. Norm In Norman

Like I said, I don't think you can. Well, you can't unless you hack your DVR. I don't even know if that's possible.

14. Getem

Getem New Member

I'll try and git er done. I've been pretty successful getting stuff off the broadcast channels which are not supposed to be encrypted. By the way, I finally was able to get the Oregon game off my DVR. I think there's a bug in the DVR firmware or something. Sometimes, if you hold your mouth just right, the encryption doesn't kick in. It took me a few months of trying every now and then to get both segments off. Do you want that one, or did you get another source?

Norm In Norman likes this.
  15. Norm In Norman

Oh dude, hook me up. The one I found out there was crap and wasn't even in HD anyway. What format do you have it in now? Do you know how to create a torrent? If not - neither do I. But i bet someone else does.

16. Getem

Getem New Member

I still have it in the original MPEG2 transport stream. In three parts I think. I'll have to do some splicing and encoding to get it to a workable file. I'm not sure how to create a torrent, but I have a website I'm not using for anything right now that should have enough transfer. Unless a lot of people want it, in which case we should figure out the torrent thing.

Norm In Norman likes this.
  17. Norm In Norman

Cool man. You get it set up and I'll find some way to reward you for your time. You have a nemesis on here? I'll ban him or something.

18. hurricane'bone

hurricane'bone Well-Known Member

I'd figure GDC would be all over this like he is on whorns so he could get them banned.

19. emoinwinter

emoinwinter New Member

I hate living in Florida. I'll get the game at least through ESPN Gameplan (even though I can't get the games that are fox sports broadcasted.) However, I won't get it in HD.

20. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

I've got torrents of the 2004 aTm game and one of the Holiday Bowl, but neither one is in HD.

Are there any other OU torrents out there?