1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Playof Thread: OKC vs. Denver...

Discussion in 'OKC Thunder Talk' started by OU_Sooners75, Apr 17, 2011.

1. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Can't believe this thread hasn't started yet.

OKC musters out a hard fought win, looked as if OKC was trying to give the game away with about 2 minutes left.

Harden needs to make his shots. Missed a few wide open key shots that seemed to keep Denver in game 1.

OKC wins game 1: 107-103

On to game 2 Wednesday Night

2. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great game. Couldn't believe we fell behind like that early. But they got it in hand and pulled it out.

3. OU_Sooners75

Kind of hard to stay caught up when you start the game 7-7 shooting. :eek:

4. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good to win when we did not play our "A" game...

OUMallen likes this.
  5. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

True, Denver began hitting every shot. But watching the entire game, it just didn't look like their A game. Chalk it up to playoff jitters. Got it out of their system. Now its time to dispense of them and move on to....possibly the Hornets....but I kinda want the Lakers.....just to stick it to them.

6. OU_Sooners75

We won't get LA unless we both make it to the WC Semis.
    We got the 4 Seed, LA got the 2 seed. So we will have the winner of the Spurs and Grizzlies, if we win the first round.

And yes, the Thunder definitely did not play their A game.

7. yankee

yankee New Member

What an awesome experience being able to go to a Thunder playoff game, even if the seats were in the nosebleeds. The blue out looked awesome in person, and probably looked even cooler on TV. I remember thinking that last year vs. LA. Westbrook and Durant played awesome, awesome games. Especially Rus in the first half. He just took over while the rest of the team looked pretty flat. Thunder UP!

soonerbrat likes this.
  8. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Offensive interference.

9. Quik Sand

Quik Sand New Member

The two best things to take from this game were: we got the win and we got it despite getting no shows from key figures that produced all year.

Denver is really good. They have tremendous teamwork on offense. They made shots that I would not count on them continuing to make. Anderson...Martin...both made some jumpers. Chandler made some ridiculous shots. I believe Nene had 5 dunks tonight, possibly 6. He owned Perk tonight and for us to advance there has to be a "no dunk" policy. I realize that builds up the foul total but Denver is not a great FT shooting team.

Tonight I saw similar defensive mistakes that we did before the trades. Serge had several jumpers he normally makes and I expect him to begin to hit them. Harden missed a few threes that he normally hits. Maynor stepped up his offense in their absence. Durant and Westbrook will not continue to shoot at that clip (over 70 pts combined). We will need Harden and Ibaka to do what they normally do.

Every championship team has games through the playoffs where guys step up that normally were not big contributors. We got that from Maynor tonight. Ill take the win any way it comes, but we did not play up to what we have been since the trades.

Edit: We have the best homecourt atmosphere in the NBA. Our crowd is simply badass.

10. soonerbrat

soonerbrat Not Exactly Right

yes! the blue out looked fantastic and I was so proud of the crowd for being so loud!

(i'm a poet)

11. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

I could tell in warmup that Denver was going to be shooting hot. I didn't expect us to be shooting that poorly though. I hope Harden and Serge have a better game on Wednesday.

12. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Yeah, that was a bad call, but there's no way to know if that would have cost Denver the game. Denver didn't even score a single point the rest of the way, so I'd be willing to bet the Thunder still win, if the call goes the other way.

13. yankee

yankee New Member

Bump. Just because it should be on top.

14. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Denver are such cry babies. Bad calls happen, gtfoy. That basket interference no-call is not the reason they lost the game.

15. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

16. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Really really curious to see how we play tonight. I want to sweep these McNugget bastardos.

17. Only thing I'll complain about is the halftime show. We need something besides bucket beating cadences. JMO

18. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

^^^^^
    Huh. I thought the guy was Awesome with a capital A

[​IMG]

whaaaa? Sorry man I couldn't let that one slide.

THUNDER (a mile) UP

19. OU_Sooners75

17 FTs in one quarter? Are you kidding me?

These refs are pathetic in game 3!

20. OU_Sooners75

Huh...no they dont.