1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Official OU vs. Baylor Thread **

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Boomer....., Feb 19, 2008.

1. Jeopardude

Jeopardude Active Member

Dear Baylor benchwarmer who waved his arms up and down before and during Jerrells's free throw attempts,

I know you thought it was funny at the time that trying to get the crowd loud would do nothing and your teammate would make them, but you were dead wrong.

Now you have a long trip to think about your ego being slapped down and how much of a fool you looked. And, even worse, your destination on your long trip is Waco where you'll have to live.

:D :texan:

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  2. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

HUGE WIN.

3. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

still feeling pretty good about this one.

birddog likes this.
  4. piusbovis

piusbovis New Member

Last time I was that nervous was the first half of the big XII championship game and the last time I felt that good was the second half of the big XII championship game.

This is the first year I've been watching OU basketball and I get the feeling I'm being spoiled, watching Blake Griffin slam down a monster dunk at least once a game.

5. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

Perhaps they should start hunting down the opposing fans that keep yelling during our players' FTs. That's the most annoying thing about our home games to me (aside from lack of attendance). Hunt those idiots down and kick em' out.

6. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You are when it comes to how good of a player Blake is. I don't think OU has ever produced a #1 NBA Draft pick. He is definitely good enough to be the first if he stays at least 1 year.

7. tommieharris91

Well, now I am going to start reading this thread. I never thought I would see a basketball game thread as long as some of the shorter football game threads.

So, the game was probably the best basketball game I have ever been to. All kinds of twists, close, drama with ejections and lead changes, an overtime. The crowd was great when we needed to be, and I have never heard the LNC get as loud as it did for Crocker's final 3 and FT and Jerrell's misses. It was a fun time, and coming off of the win @TTech this one feels just as good, if not better.

I might be weird in saying I have enjoyed all of the close games OU has played lately, but these close games just make them more and more interesting to me. When we win it just feels that much better that we won an exciting, dramatic game. When we lose those types of games, it just feels that much worse. The crowds at LNC seem to play off of this kind of game and respond by becoming more active and louder, and that just makes going to watch this team play much more enjoyable, knowing that, when the game is coming down to the wire, you know this team will find some way to pull the game out no matter the adversity (especially true now that we are healthy).

This brings me to another point: is Baylor one of the most unclutch teams around? Everytime I have watched them play since their 5OT win @ATM, they seem to either blow large leads late in games, or make a frantic comebacks only to have it fall short because of some mental error or lack of execution. I have seen that team come back from a 14-point deficit against OU at home, only to stop scoring completely the rest of that game. I have seen that team lose a 15-point lead @texass. I have seen that team cut a 12-point deficit to 1 against texass, only to have a senior call a timeout when they don't have any. Lastly, I have seen that team get a chance to force a 2nd OT or win the game if they just make even 1 FT with 1 second left, but miss both of them. It's no real wonder that they have lost 6 of their last 7 when they seem to have a load of brainfarts every game.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  8. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

They were pretty clutch late in the second half and the start of the OT. Baylor couldn't miss a shot. It took everything we had to win that game.

9. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

Big congrats to the team!

And a big thumbs down to Joe C. for the dork on the mike and the Yellow Shirt Crew I have been hearing about.

10. tommieharris91

I understand that, but every time I have watched Baylor, they are always either falling short in a comeback or blowing a sizeable lead.

11. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Blake's a lottery pick, but I don't think he's a #1 overall.

If he comes out this year, that slot's already filled by Michael Beasley.

If he comes out next year, we'll see.

12. King Crimson

i think Gordon would go ahead of Blake this year as well. possibly a couple others.

i'd be surprised if we don't see Blake next year in C and C. but, who the heck knows.

13. Frozen Sooner

I think Love as well.

Plus, I don't think Blake is the 6'10" he's listed at, which is going to hurt his draft stock a little.

14. King Crimson

post #198. at the point of this post, the ESPN 360 thing was WAY behind and i was waiting for the yahoo box to refresh (which was close to real time i think--maybe about 30 seconds slow)....i thought we had lost.

STEP's posts were about a minute ahead, i thought that was it.

15. tommieharris91

A few '09 draft projections have Blake going #1 overall, but that is still pretty far away.

16. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Somebody needs to post a video of the last segment of that game IN ITS ENTIRETY asap. kplzthx.

MUST include:
    - insane 3 pointer-turned-4 point play
    - phantom phoul call with one second left.
    - thousands strong join heart and song in baylor free throw praise
    - baylor benchwarmer mocking thousands strong's heart and song
    - baylor missing free throw #1 and #2.
    - OU REBOUNDING...
    - OU WINS!
    - Capel goes nuts
    - Crowd goes nuts.

To the one who can post or provide a link, huge major spekin' plzkthx

17. Frozen Sooner

Phantom foul?

Jerrell got mugged, badger.

18. Youngsooner

Youngsooner New Member

During the WV game, I thought man that was a good game, then saw the Tech game saturday and thought wow Godbold is the man, best game this year. then i watched this game and wow... blew my mind, i was running around screaming afterwards. Intense game

19. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

To our defense, we couldn't find the game on in Tulsa, so we had to settle for highlights on SportsCenter. :( There, the foul looked questionable because it all happened so fast.

20. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It was no phantom call, but I wouldn't have called it a mugging.