1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Official Nebraska vs. Oklahoma Thread!*

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Okieflyer, Mar 10, 2006.

1. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nice...I have an out. Are they televised?

2. oumartin

oumartin New Member

fox sports baby.. 8pm tomorrow

OU-HSV likes this.
  3. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Here are some more:

"I never have to worry about Ernie's (Abercormbie) axe-handles."

"I didn't see any toughness out there."

In the past, I would say that KS's teams have overachieved. He has a coaching style is comparable to basic training. It's rudimentary and toughens guys up for battle; however, it is not specialized enough to get to the next level. That's why trainees need more training. KS's would be a great Drill Sergeant, but not a tactics instructor. He understands the rudimentary ways to harden his players, but doesn't have the knowledge or specialization to get them any further. :kelvin:

4. okienole3

okienole3 New Member

So, are you saying we need to lure "The General" away from Tech?:eek: ;)

5. OU-HSV

Crap, that means I'll have to do stuff around the house during the day. Cool that they're on tv though.

6. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Maybe this summarizes a lot of new threads....

why would a talented HS kid want to come to Oklahoma and play where he can get the crap beat out of him every day in practice for the potential reward of scoring 5 points a game?

7. okienole3

okienole3 New Member

I kind of wish Jay were here to spin this thing.

8. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Jay's too busy toweling off Kelvins "basketballs" right now.

9. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

CtheB, GAME, SET, MATCH for you!

Not necessarily, even though his wife is an OU alum;) Just saying that it looks like that KS has only a basic/standard set of plays, and he won't deviate. Other coaches, regardless of skill level and who have been around the game all of their lives, seem to figure out this offense really easily. Shut down the main scorer (in this case Neal) and the offense goes into hibernation. Every team has role players (the scorers, the defenders, the rebounders, the leaders, etc.); however, most seemed to be multi-faceted enough that they could do more. The KS teams seem to have one main scorer, who passes the torch onto the next main scorer in the following season. In my other posts, I have described some of them. I agree that players such as Carter need more touches, he could be a GREAT weapon, but he is not utilized to his God-given abilities.

10. OU-HSV

words..and more words:D

OKC-SLC likes this.
  11. bigdsooner

bigdsooner New Member

dude, just tell her that you want to watch the other gmes to see who we play? its not relly lyin ya know ;)

OU-HSV likes this.
  12. OKC-SLC

OKC-SLC SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have given up on seeing a player attack the rim on any semblance of a regular basis with KS as coach. That's just not his style (scoring points, going to FT line, stuff like that). McGhee did it during our run to Final Four. And all it did was GET US TO THE FINAL FOUR.

This team lacks two things:
    1) a player to step up when the game is on the line (don't give me Terrell. He couldn't sniff the jock of a player who actually does--like Hollis)

2) an inside player with the ability to score with his back to the basket. you give Taj the ball 6 feet out with his back to the basket and you can kiss the possession goodbye. We've had only one of these under KS, and only for half a season (McGhee).

RacerX likes this.
  13. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

Are you familiar with Nebraska basketball history? Anytime NU actually wins a game in a tournament it's a big deal to us, or beat a team with a number by it's name. Remember this is a program whose next NCAA tourny will be it's first. The bar is set pretty ******* low in Lincoln for the basketball team, especially now that were decent at baseball.

RacerX likes this.
  14. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Fixed.

KC//CRIMSON and RacerX like this.
  15. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Yes, and I turned the channel. Didn't want to watch any more so I let the wife pick the channel. I had enough bad news for the day, didn't want to end it with more.

16. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Blowing a 16 point lead in the last 6 minutes against KU didn't **** you off?

No, they're not.

Seriously, have you evar played organized basketball in your life? Based on some of your rhetoric, I'm gonna have to go out on that limb and say you haven't.

If you did, then your coach should've been fired cause you fail to show even the most basic knowledge of the game.

17. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Except for the fact the last time we had ****ty coaching was in the early 90's.

18. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Were you blaming it on the fans then too?

RacerX likes this.
  19. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, he was in pre-school.

RacerX likes this.
  20. TopDaugIn2000

TopDaugIn2000 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

game is at 6:00 pm CST