1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Game Thread: OU vs Baylor (2011)

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ouflak, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

As bad as we looked at times....we were always in this game...

Tough to see our guys play such a tough 4th quarter and come up empty. They really had a shot at putting themselves in the crazy mixup that's going on this year. What a week for upsets.

2. normanx

normanx New Member

We have the most overrated coaching staff in America!!!! Bar none!!!

IBleedCrimson likes this.
  3. Red

Red New Member

Couldn't agree more. Already accepted the loss. Now I'm just mad that they got my hopes up at the end :p

4. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

dear gawd

could you hit your knees any faster?

Blue likes this.
  5. jcvsooner

jcvsooner New Member

Obviously some misplaced confidence in the defense there. Maybe he didn't watch the second half.

6. LVSOONER15

LVSOONER15 Getting it done

Congrats baylor. Stoops need to rethink his defense. This game was embarrassing.

7. Keller Sooner

Keller Sooner New Member

We brought no pressure and let RG3 scramble around until he found someone open in the endzone. Great DBs can't cover that long. I don't get it.

8. sheepdogs

sheepdogs New Member

The timeout caller should be forced to hitch a ride home. I mean what a numb nuts call. The arrogance combined with stupidity is earth shattering. And don't place a bag over his head or he'll never get it off. This is the epitome of football because it is run by morons

9. OrlandoSooner

OrlandoSooner New Member

You would think that this was a given. But after tonight, who knows?

10. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Very exciting game. Wish we would win one of those instant classic types.

Proud of the comeback. Thought LJ played really well overall. Finch was good. Reynolds also. The Oline played well.

Stills gator armed a couple. He doesn't like to get hit. The D... well our D just flat out sucks. Don't know how else to say it.

The whole Sharks thing is embarrassing considering 1. it wasn't earned 2. it isn't deserved.

They should be called the Turntables because every team they play seems to set records on them.

Overall, proud of the way they played. RG III is incredibly good. Loved that Bob was going for the 2 pointer. Couldn't believe the time out.

11. I thought after getting the tying score, we would be happy to go to OT. Didn't work out with the timeout. Darn.

12. colhu7

colhu7 New Member

Im just so proud of how this team fought till the end and never gave up. Landry Jones tried so hard to bring this team back. What a leader that guy is.

What a tough game especially on the road against a great QB in RGIII. Can't say enough about how much heart that guy has.

To everyone one who is upset.....you are just a spoiled fan and didnt go through the 90s. Everyone one on that coaching staff is a stand up gentleman.

Sincerely

Sarcasm

Blue likes this.
  13. colhu7

colhu7 New Member

Im just so proud of how this team fought till the end and never gave up. Landry Jones tried so hard to bring this team back. What a leader that guy is.

What a tough game especially on the road against a great QB in RGIII. Can't say enough about how much heart that guy has.

To everyone one who is upset.....you are just a spoiled fan and didnt go through the 90s. Everyone one on that coaching staff is a stand up gentleman.

Sincerely

Sarcasm

14. OffroadOUFan

OffroadOUFan Member

This game is an ouch, for sure. Last time we were this close in a game with Baylor, I was a line cook at Boomerang, and John Blake was coach! Oh well, Sooner Born and Sooner Bred is more than enough for me to look past any single game, even if it's Baylor. Boomer...when I die, I'll be Sooner dead!

15. llsooner7

llsooner7 New Member

Well said. Disagree about the o-line though. No way should they have put that much pressure on Landry.

16. zeke

zeke New Member

Poor D, to many penalties, Baylor wanted it more. Even if we had won & then won out, we didn't have a gripe if we weren't in the NC. We are not Championship caliber.

17. kenth68

kenth68 Member

and he won't put himself out there likes Jaz. Tech game, one memorable play was on 3rd and long. Ball was catchable, but he would have had to dive for it. Instead, he just slowed his stride like he was in practice or something. Then there's this whole business of playing catch up in the 3rd quarter. What the hell is that all about? That's a coaching problem.

I wish we had LSU's heart. With the talent we have, it would be amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.