1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Cotton Bowl Thread: OU vs Texas A&M (2012)

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ouflak, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I couldn't be more indifferent to his future. I just don't agree that dual threat QB's don't make it in the NFL.

2. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Drew Bledsoe = NOT a running quarterback.

Troy Aikman = NOT a running quarterback.

Ice Chest = Faster than than the above

3. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why are you getting so pissed. Cunningham and Vick were running QBs. Cunningham and Vick have no rings. Cunningham, who you hold out as the best running Qb of all time, was all-pro 4 times dspite playing on some excellent Philly and Viking teams. He was a good player yet you hold hum out as a shining example of your asserion that running QBs thrive in the NFL whereas I would counter that it supports my assertion that decent running QBs in the NFL are the exception especially over the course of more than a couple of years.

Steve Young was not a running Qb unless you call any QB who averaged 18 yards running a game a running QB. SF did not design a lot of plays that had their QB as the primary ball carrier. bill Walsh was not that stupid.

4. Tulsa_Fireman

Do I sound pissed?

Apparently the NFL, football as a whole, the universe, and I agree with what a running quarterback is and you disagree with that definition.

That's cool. It shows a strong independent streak and a willingness to stand your ground on the principles you believe in.

Even though you're embarassingly wrong. Stay strong, brother. We're proud of you.

5. FaninAma

Name one NFL team that intentionally runs their QB 10+ times on designed QB runs in every game.

I've seen your list of all of the all time great running QBs in the NFL. Are there any more?

Manziel's ability at this level is impressive. But because of his size and arm strenght he will not excel at the next level. He isn't among the elite of those you hold out as examples of great running QBsin the NFL.

Dual threat QBs do well in college. Dual threat QBs do well in the NFL if they have good arm strength and stay healthy.....not because they are great runners.

6. FaninAma

Please share that definition with us. Apparently it includes any QB that has positive rushing yardage at the end of the year.

Can you name a running QB that has won the superbowl in the last 15 years?

7. SCOUT

Right. JM killed us with his legs, but he can throw a little too. Don't forget that he is 20. Doug Flutie might be someone JM could turn into.

Look, I know you think he will be a total failure, but I just disagree. I think he is talented enough to play in the NFL when his time comes in two years. I even think he will be good.

Will it **** me off if he isn't? About as much as Mark Sanchez, Mark Brunell, or Gary Hogeboom not being successful.

8. Tulsa_Fireman

Another GREAT example. Hell, Mark Brunell was a rattlesnake in Jacksonville. Forgot all about him.

Spent like, 5000 years in the league, too.

9. SCOUT

Wait, are we now talking about superbowl winners in the last 15 years? Dude you are wearing me out trying to keep up with your goal posts.

10. Tulsa_Fireman

Not even the greatest running quarterback of all time, Michael Vick, is fast enough to keep up with the 4-flat speed of Faninama's changing metric.

11. SCOUT

Donovan McNabb was a dual threat QB

12. SCOUT

Fran Tarkington (sp?) was pretty freaking mobile.

Anyway...

13. FaninAma

I don't think he will be a total failure but it is obvious what type of QB really thrives in the NFL. RGIII will be successful because he is a great passer and has a great arm. RGIII also had a serious injury in college while running the ball and I think you will see him running less and less in the NFL. Manziel does not have a great arm. Maybe he will shock me and be as successful as Joe Montana but then he will be successful because he shows great field presence.....not because he is a good runner.

14. Tulsa_Fireman

Yeah, but does Fran Tarkington have 15 Super Bowl rings?

HUH!?

15. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

What a worthless effort.

16. FaninAma

17. Tulsa_Fireman

You are right.

It says so, right there.

18. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

GD announcers during game, I will never watch a fox sports broadcast again!!!!!!

19. SCOUT

20. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

Who give a S**T about Johnny the idiot. We got out coached!