1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***OFFICIAL BIG XII TOURNY THREAD***

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Ardmore_Sooner, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

bite me. :p

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

a 3, holy carp!

3. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I guess we can't get within five feet of Augustin w/o a foul call. It is wrong to say that I look forward to seeing the Horns lose a bunch of these guys to the NBA?

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lets get some good rest and hope for a 7 seed

5. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

UT on a 32-11 run.

6. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

EVERYTHING has gone UTerus way since the game was tied at 36... they throw up a brick, it bounces five feet high off the front of the rim and swoosh. They dribble out of control into a triple team and somehow pick up the loose ball for an easy two. They fly in over the back of Blake for a tip shot and the refs miraculously swallow the whistles.

This could have been a good game, but the Sooners aren't good enough to beat the 8-man team they are currently playing against.

7. crawfish

crawfish SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's very possible that ut is a bad matchup for us.

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I hate Texas.

9. kevpks

kevpks New Member

How is that a foul on Blake? Good God, just let this game end so the Big XII can get the KU/UT matchup they are hoping for.

10. joeTsooner

joeTsooner New Member

I really hate Texas.:texan:

11. crawfish

crawfish SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't freaking wait until they lose Augustine next year and we get Warren. Abrams won't be half the player he is on his own...and Crocker will be twice as good.

(I hope)

12. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I hope Coach Capel can move us up to the next level next year.

I really like him.

I think he's exactly what we needed.

We still have a very good tough basketball team, we just need more depth and at least one superstar.

Partial Qualifier likes this.
  13. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I agree. Who is going to play PG for Texas next year? I can't really see Abrams filling that role.

14. joeTsooner

joeTsooner New Member

We lost, oh well

A win would have been nice, but the time off should get the griffins back to 100% and get the team ready for a nice run starting on thursday or friday

15. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep. The fact that we won as many games as we did is IMO a testament to Capel. This could've been a no-postseason team (easily). No offense intended but we have 1 really good freshman and a bunch of glorified benchwarmers. Texas on the other hand looks like a final 4 team, and I don't think it's just because we're playing so badly.

Capel's gotta be frustrated with some of these guys. godbolt: take a bad shot, then ignore the rebound he could've easily retrieved and immediately run backwards to set up defense.. DOWN 20. nice

StoopTroup likes this.
  16. Ash

Ash New Member

Today we saw how valuable it is to have a point guard that can break down defenses and create off the dribble, and another guard that can hit from outside on a consistent basis.

You need consistent, good guard play at this level. I hope Crocker and Davis can improve and Warren provides the missing piece to the puzzle.

17. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what happened between atm and kansas?

18. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

KU won 77-71.

19. birddog

well, the top 2 teams are in the final. should be pretty damn entertaining but ku will win 83-77.

20. birddog

arkansas got a last second shot from bill walton jr. (hill) to beat tennessee 92-91.