1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by John Kochtoston, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hell of a game, I'm still a little disappointed in the outcome of course. But, this team never seems to want to do things the easy way.

2. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Bah...I just want a game 7...

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Hell yeah!

4. SteelCitySooner

SteelCitySooner Well-Known Member

Wow. All I can say. What a ride last night was. Bringin it back home for game 6! Which won't be a gimme. Wings proved that they can win in the Igloo. Desperately need to pull that out, then take it back to the Joe for one last battle...where the Pens have proven they can win.

5. SteelCitySooner

Hey Scott, any truth that to rumor going around that ya'll detroit folks already had your victory parade planned for today? :O

6. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Chances are, parade plans for the Pens exist somewhere in city hall. Just be thankful Laura Miller's not your mayor, or those plans would have been released by now. :D

7. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That game was awesome last night, all 30 periods. :D

8. GrapevineSooner

From the guys at Pensblog:

[​IMG]

9. SteelCitySooner

10. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

That's awesome!

11. SteelCitySooner

Probably. But I doubt we had June 3rd slated for our parade date :D

12. GrapevineSooner

So my boss is a Red Wings fan and he took last night's loss pretty hard.

And since he walks by my cube on the way to his desk everyday, I decided to create a wallpaper to console him.

[​IMG]

Boomer..... and Cam like this.
  13. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Honestly, I really doubt the parade would have been today. If anything it likely would have been scheduled for the beginning of next week with the option to have moved it to Thursday/Friday of this week.

But like Grape said, every city pretty much plans a parade if they think their team has a shot at winning a title in (insert sport here), most of them don't become public mainly by sheer luck. That and most areas have enough shiny objects to distract the media.

14. SteelCitySooner

Yeah I know. I was just rubbing it in a little. Although there were Detroit blogs that leaked the plans for 3 June.. I think that became locker room material...at least it because radio talk show material here in Pittbsurgh..

Big, big, epic game tonight. It's going to be interesting to see how both teams do coming out of that 3 overtime game. You would think after that, and with each additional game, that would be advantage to Pens and their younger legs..

MAF needs to have another Godlike performance...but Malkin and his line have GOT to step it up! Malkin went from the "best player in the world" to one that is a detriment to his team almost over night.. Blogs are now saying he might have a rib injury. It did seem like he was playing better in the overtimes though. I just don't think we can do it without his line scoring some goals.

15. mfosterftw

mfosterftw New Member

[youtube]tjDHRabw9PI[/youtube]

16. SteelCitySooner

Knobhockey...that was hilarious..

Just got tickets to the game tonight (without getting a second mortgage!!) w00t!!!

17. GrapevineSooner

In the crease...outta the crease...in the crease...outta the crease.

18. mfosterftw

mfosterftw New Member

Might want to turn the volume down on this one... has a few choice bombs in it that didn't get bleeped out.

[youtube]tJNB89rROgk[/youtube]

tommieharris91 likes this.
  19. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Knock knock. :D

20. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Weak. Sauce.