1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not fully confirmed but sources say Capel fired

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by CaliBornSoonerBred, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Dio

Dio SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He's tanned, he's rested, he's ready.....

BRING BACK BILLY!

Blue likes this.
  2. MelloYello

MelloYello New Member

He should have gotten one more year.

3. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

BOB KNIGHT!!! :D

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He is tired and retired To be fair if we hire a guy maed Billy,I'd take him over BCG.

5. soonerx7

soonerx7 New Member

ESPNNEWS @ noon says so. SOONER TIME.

6. owenfieldreams

owenfieldreams New Member

7. SteelClip49

SteelClip49 New Member

Capel deserved another year. This season was not his fault. The one senior was a total buffoon and really nothing. Capel got screwed and I do not agree with this decision.

8. kelloggOUballa

kelloggOUballa New Member

Hah, I laughed out loud at this. Good stuff.

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

They have a phrase for early departures in the cases of coaches like Georgia Tech's guy --- victims of their own success.

In Capel's case, he was not a victim and there was no success. Guys just up and left all at once in 2009 and Capel was given a chance LAST YEAR to make the situation right, to bring in replacement players and right the ship from a postseason absence. He didn't get it done, and based on his body language after the game...
    [​IMG]
    He knew what his expectations were for the program and that he didn't meet them. Yes, we surprised many for beating the likes of Baylor and Colorado and OSU et al... but that's not our standard. We needed a signature win this year to show that there's still a chance for greatness... and there wasn't.

The only reason I thought Capel would be gifted another year was because of the buyout and the inability to find a suitable replacement. Joe C. apparently found a way to get the money to oust Capel and perhaps he already has a replacement in mind and is just itching to announce it.

10. tfoolry

tfoolry New Member

11. SteelClip49

SteelClip49 New Member

it better not be Sean Sutton.

12. KNEE BRACE

KNEE BRACE New Member

How fast can the Griffin parents pop out a couple more kids?

13. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

OU text just said Boren and Joe C. confirmed that he is gone. For whatever thats worth.

14. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

15. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

He had 2 good years here and like it or not, it was because of Blake Griffin. Without BG, his record is 43-51 in the other 3 seasons. A change needed to happen.

16. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I am sad for Jeff Capel. I really liked him and thought it was gonna be a good hire. I was wrong and it seems like this is for the best but it does kinda sting me. I was not sad to see Kelvin go but I am for Jeff. Personal reasons I guess.

I did tell you guys yesterday that Mondays are usually the day for this and whatcha know.

Billy Tubbs is retired and should stay that way.

17. soonerfan69

soonerfan69 Well-Known Member

18. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

Boren's quote said it's "in the best interest of both"

we're gonna lose some schollies buckle up folks more bad weather on the horizon

19. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Are those puppets? :confused:

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling