1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicole Kornet to transfer

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Aug 17, 2015.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Per NewsOK:
    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-scene-ou...ard-nicole-kornet-to-transfer/article/5440362

She's the one I nicknamed "Other Nicole" because Nicole Griffin was "Tall Nicole" and while she will be far more talented at basketball than any of us will ever hope to dream, I just didn't see her connecting on any usual part of our offense. Was she hitting lots of 3s? Was she rebounding? Was she being a ball thief? Was she the floor general? Kind of sort of but not really on any front.

Even so, I'm kind of surprised at the news because she was a senior and transfers this late in a career are uncommon. The tallish guard role will likely go to Peyton Little (Nicole's 6'1" Peyton is 5'11") while short speedy guard will likely be Gabby Ortiz or Gioya Carter (both 5'9").

As always, I wish Other Nicole the best on her future endeavors, so long as she's not destined for one of OU's opponents

2. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

She was very solid off the bench and her motor was always going full speed. She will be missed for the depth factor alone.