1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Reaches Agreement on Salary Cap

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by JohnnyMack, Jun 8, 2005.

1. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

And yeah, as much as i would love to see an NHL team in Oklahoma, i just don't ever see that happening; we will have to be content with being a good market for minor league hockey.

john

2. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

WOW, the St. Louis Blues owner is looking to sale with an announcement today...

3. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2088049

Here is a team that may move... Why pay that high of a tax rate when you can move and get more for your money?

Kansas City would be an option as long as the tax is lower...

Las Vegas should be a prime contender.

Maybe Houston? But we know their record with pro franchises.

Maybe back to Canada? Winnipeg?

And why not OKC? I think OKC is very close to being able to support a pro franchise, but maybe hockey isn't the right choice.

4. Seibu

Seibu New Member

Gosh...I would sure hate to see the Blues leave. Remember back in the mid-80's when they were seriously talking relocating to Saskatoon? Don't see a move happening.

Speaking of Winnipeg, the folks there would love to have a team back. They have a very nice new arena. Not sure if it is up to NHL standards however.

And the fans would support it more than Oklahoma City. It's just followed on a different level up there.

Think Okies and Sooner football.

5. HoserSooner

HoserSooner New Member

There are probably a dozen cities in Canada that would take a NHL franchise, and it would sell out each night, no matter how bad the team blew.

Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, Halifax, etc. etc.....

It's all economics though.