1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

next years team

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i know its early...

but we lose TT basically that's it...if Buddy comes back. I would think his mom would want him to complete his education but if he's a 2nd rounder he may bolt. I remember Ryan Minor had a GREAT Jr year....prob should have gone, but stayed and didn't have a great Sr year...I see Buddy the same way.

gain
    6'4 Bola (is he even on the team now? I've seen him listed for next year as well)
    6'10 McNease
    6'7 Buford
    7'0 juco center
    6'6 SG
    6'4 SG

Next year should be a very good year...hopefully.

2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Buddy comes back, and Buford is eligible, we're a Final 4/Conference Champ type team. Finishing tied for second in conference with a Sweet 16 berth would be a disappointment.

This year isn't over, though.

3. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

I don't know how much Buddy will be missed if Cousins improves. I'd argue right now Cousins is a better ball handler, shooter and closing the gap defensively. Buddy is still better going to and at the rim and he is able to guard more spots but he still doesn't understand defense very well. Last night Lon had them switching quite often but Buddy kept switching off of a guard on to a forward, which is ok for him but you can't switch Spangler to a guard.

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yes, I'd be really happy with a sweet sixteen....elated with more. So-so satisfied with at least 1 win.

Spangler just seems so out of sync offensively. Hopefully he'll get his MoJo back. I really like JW...the ONLY complaint is he'll drive and get stuck in with the trees....

Cousins has really improved since last year...even from the beginning of the year...not too many brain farts. I agree, he's prob better overall right now than Buddy. I hope Buford is as good as everyone says and if our 7' juco kid is as decent as Lattin was this year we should be real good.

last night we lost in every category but FT, shot the same amount, but we made 4 more I believe. The fact we only lost by 2, with a tip in to tie is somewhat of a moral victory...shows EVERY possession counts.

5. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Buddy needs to stay and work on his mid range game and learn to drive to the basket in the half court.

6. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I don't see anyone leaving early.

Hield, yeah, if he wants to settle for Europe.

He'll be back. He loves the college atmosphere.

5-0