1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Year's Offense

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Rocko, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Rocko

Rocko New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwr5KWSAHE

EA takes a subtle jab at OU in this video highlighting the new features in NCAA 12. Start at 1:20, and watch and listen.

So, what will be the biggest changes we see, and what will stay the same? Will we continue to use short passes to the extent that we did last year? They can be awful dangerous if a defense knows it's coming. Jump the route - Pick 6.

2. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

easier said than done

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

It's a whole lot more dangerous throwing forward passes, but we do aiight at that.

Something Heupel, Hybl and White did was that leg kick thing pro QBs do. All the time KW was here, our guys got the signals every play from the sideline and the QB would change up the blocking scheme up front depending on the alignment. I've been wondering if that's something we'll see out of Landry this year. Heupel didn't run the no-huddle like KW did during his playing days, but he was just as dangerous in the way he could change things up and draw teams offsides and stuff. Seems KW's offense was good at catching teams on substitutions and not lined up properly. It'd be cool to see a little mixture of both. The more tricks they have to be ready for, the more you can take advantage of the little things. Like when a QB pump-fakes, he's looking for one tiny, little mistake by his coverage. Be it one missed step, wrong turn of the hips by the DB or drawing his cheater (AKA safety over the top) away from the play.

4. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

EA has had someone tackling an OU player in their promos for at least the last 3 years. I know one of their head guys was a Nebraska fan and that might be a part of it.

5. SyN

SyN New Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

If it's in the game, it's not in the video game.

7. Rocko

Rocko New Member

The thing I was getting at: The play in which the OU player was tackled was a short pass to the flat, as the commentator was saying "if your offense thrived off of this, then you'll have to change." It was funny because our offense did thrive off of those passes, and they chose to use OU for that example play.

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

But....EA is just a game right?

9. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

ssssooo
    with all those changes I predict. It will be the exact same game moderate alteration to the speeds of some teams. These EA games are the biggest racket in the history of rackets. And idiots flock ot the stores each year to buy the same game over and over

that being said.....there is no doubt I will own this

....and will continue to get my arse kicked by 12 year olds online who talk smack and throw out swear words like Andrew Dice Clay

10. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

I would prefer they just stick to the coaches calling the plays at the line of scrimmage. I'd rather Heupel call the plays at the line of scrimmage than Laundry do audibles away from the coaches like Heupel did as QB. But that's just me.

11. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'd rather they go 13-0 like Heupel did.

12. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

Hey, who cares?? Really?? We are OU and there's only one. Haters are everywhere.

BOOMER

13. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

^ This.

SOONER.

14. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

NCAA is going to be even worse this year than it has been for the past 6 or 7 years. Seems like the entire dev team at Tiburon has left (possibly good in the long term, but not for the 2012 games). Plus they only listen to yes men and don't accept constructive criticism about their games, nor do they employ people who actually have knowledge about college football.

15. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LOL....thanks for being real, man.

16. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

You just described every big developer in the business. Sometimes turnover yields better results, sometimes ....well...sometimes they hire my old art director and the game looked worse than it ever did before. But it's looked greats since he "left"

17. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am not really sure how that is a jab at OU.

I played against friends and people online that would run screens and flares all the time...well before it became a viable weapon of our offense.

18. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

in 2008 Sam Bradford completed 50 passes of 25 yards or more.

19. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

20. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Oh yes.