1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Coach For Next Year

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by birddog, Mar 14, 2011.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I'm sure KU wants to fire Self after he lost (remember! players win and coaches lose!) to VCU. Single-handedly of course (because again, coaches lose and players win!)

They are paying Self too much(highest in Big 12, I think) to lose to VCU. Can his arse, KU. You deserve better!

(even if this wishful thinking happened, i don't think he'd land at ou)

2. kelloggOUballa

kelloggOUballa New Member

I'm thinking it will be either Fran Fraschilla or Terry Evans.

3. yankee

yankee New Member

[youtube]31g0YE61PLQ[/youtube]

4. badger

5. kelloggOUballa

Just sayin...I think he would be a good hire.

6. badger

If nobody else will say it, I will --- this haircut is making a comeback in the tourney, and I LOVE IT!

[​IMG]

(and yes, that is the one and only Terry Evans, future head coach of Sooner basketball. We love you in advance of your hiring, Coach Terry!)

7. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

The Coach K coaching tree does not have much of a successful track record. Plus, both those guys were annoying ******nozzles as players. They'd probably be similar as coaches. One also has to ask why they haven't been scooped up at this point since they've been consistent figures on the Coach K bench for several years now.

8. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Now, if we could only get the shorts to make a comeback...

9. kelloggOUballa

Top Daug first, then the shorts!

10. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I'm down with that. TD, then hot pants.

11. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Any support for the return to red and white and the turbo OU?

12. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Are those converse cons he's sportin'? those were the heaviest dang shoes ever.

13. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Both of these coaches saying that they do not want to come to OU.

The list is getting short and pathetic. :mad:

14. kelloggOUballa

I disagree. A lot of quality coaches in America, including many you and I have never heard of.

15. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I've got Bruce on speed dial.

16. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

But they wont excite this fan base which is what it needs. We will probably have to pull from a mid-major.

Names like Gregg Marshall, Brooks Thompson, Scott Sutton, Ben Jacobson, Randy Bennett, and Johnny Jones are being thrown around.

17. oumartin

oumartin New Member

and Bruce Pearl, and Terry Evans and Stacey King and (Danny Manning for the real die hard OU fans). :)

18. kelloggOUballa

My original top three, in no particular order, was Terry Evans, Billy Gillispie and Buzz Williams.

Now, with the news out there, my top three would be Evans, Gregg Marshall and Fran Fraschilla. Also really like Kim Anderson at Central Missouri (was at Mizzou when Joe C. was there), but I think there is zero chance of that happening.

19. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't give a **** who they hire...I only care about winning basketball games with a clean program!!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  20. oumartin

oumartin New Member

guess that rules out Kelvin coming back

Sooner in Tampa likes this.