1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Men's Tournament Game Thread - non OU

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

NC State is giving Nova a run for their money. Maybe we can make the Final 4 without playing a team seeded better than 7?

2. Eielson

And DOWN goes Villanova!

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

msu giving virginia a game

4. Eielson

Or is it the other way around? MSU has controlled this game since the opening tip. I might feel lucky if we get Virginia instead.

5. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Well, now we're the top seed remaining in the East. I didn't predict that at this point..

6. Eielson

MSU wins. That will be a tough win (if we get there), but it's not too bad for a Sweet 16 matchup.

7. Eielson

Indeed. If UNI (or NC State) knocks off Louisville, and somebody knocks off Duke in the region below us, I think we'll be favored in every game all the way to the championship game. If we win tonight, I might actually start watching Kentucky games with genuine interest. I've never really thought of this team as a Final 4/Championship game type team (a year away), but wow, this is really shaping up well for us.

8. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I have a bad feeling we won't get past MSU assuming we win tonight. I really wanted UVA instead. But, Dayton first.

9. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We can beat anybody, anybody can beat us. Its the tourney.

10. Eielson

Except Kentucky. We can't beat them.

And Albany. We brought our C-game, and still beat them.

11. Eielson

And we wouldn't beat Duke. Or Arizona. Wisconsin is mildly possible, but really, really tough.

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I guess KU was Wichita St's Superbowl.

13. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

These refs suck, big time. WV is getting jobbed.

14. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Yep, well their player and the Huggin's girls probably should've just stayed off social media this week. Hopefully WVa will make a game of it, but this one could get embarrassingly ugly real quick.
    Geez, the Kentucky players sure make some big-time athletic guard-type moves for as tall as they are.

15. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yeah, they are ridiculously impressive. Makes it further absurd that the refs are putting their thumb on it, too. WV would have to be at the top of their game to win this with even officiating. Really pisses me off seeing this.

16. aurorasooner

I think this is what scares me the most about our team playing at this level. With this level of competition, if you have a lid-on-the-basket type scoring drought when you only score 12 points thru 3/4 of the 1st half, you're out of it real quick.

17. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This game is awful. The refs glued the whistles to their mouths.There is no flow and wvu has no chance to even set up their press. Glad it's not us playing UK.

18. birddog

66-30!

19. birddog

78-39 final. You do the math on that one.

20. aurorasooner

Sure glad that Kentucky is on the other side of the bracket. If we played them our only shot, imo, would be for us to shoot something like 80% outside the arc and for them to have a lid on the basket. If we happen to make the 4 then I'd rather us get beat in the semis but play respectable, than get mudholed like WVa tonight, unless we happen to play Duke, then screw it. I'd rather beat them and hope for some Hickory Hoosiers type Sooner magic in the finals, than lose to Duke in the semis.
    I don't think it will come down to anything close to that, but you never know.

The talking heads will make it appear that a Kentucky/Wisky match-up in the semis would be for all the marbles, and the finals against the east/south winner just a formality. An unlikely Sooner win in the finals against an undefeated Kentucky team, would probably be the biggest upset in the history of sports. Sure would be glorious though and forever erase coughing up that Natty to Kansas.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015