1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Game 2 - Sooners vs Dayton Flyers

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sunday

TNT

5:10 Central time

Dayton Flyers - This will be there 7th game in 10 days I believe, but they showed no signs of fatigue last night late in the game. Also thought I heard they started the season with 6 scholarship players. They will definitely have the crowd. They are 18-0 in the state of Ohio.

From what I saw, they are very quick, penetrate to the bucket and kick out for the 3. They did that to Providence who had the size advantage and were able to win. Very sloppy first half. With about 10 minutes left in first half neither team had 10 points. It'll be a tough team. And AGAIN, OU seems to draw the "Cinderella" team...reminds me of the good 'ol Billy days with Skeeter shooting off his pistols after a dunk...lol. Everyone hates OU...

The GOOD is that dewb goitleib WON'T be announcing the game.

Boomer

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

Their luck is about to take a nosedive.....

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not a lot of basketball discussion on here, but least we get an obnoxious post about Obama every 5 minutes.

4. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

Obama's about to take a nosedive....

5. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gottlieb's nose is takin a dive?

6. birddog

Seriously, I like Douglas. He gave us a good show when he played for t boone. As far as Dayton, they don't seem to know how to lay off the gas. We will get alot of good looks tomorrow and im hoping our depth will wear em out in the end.

7. GDC

GDC New Member

How did Dayton end up so close to home as an 11 seed?

8. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Awww, the NCAA tries to cut down on travel for all the schools...
    don't know the formula, though...

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I haven't spent enough time on Dayton to post any analysis (I may get to that tonight), but I did hear they are getting ready to play their 7th game in 9 days. I know they're young, and it's the big dance, but the human body can only push through so much. I really expect to see them struggle in the second half tomorrow night. They'll have plenty of (home town) emotion to withstand the first half, but I just don't see them pulling off the upset.

I don't want to speak too soon, but with Villanova going down to NC State, and either Virginia or Michigan State getting eliminated tomorrow, this is shaping up to be a very winnable region for OU.

10. Soonerjeepman

I'm sure Providence thought the same thing...I guess I'm so use to our up/down...having opportunities blown (Big 12 reg title)...we'll see.

They have nothing to lose, they'll play loose. Hopefully Kruger will go to his bench. Walker just needs to play D when he's out there...know your role.

Just a mention about the next opponent if we get there...msu is up on uva early. Not sure I want msu.

As far as Dayton getting a "home" game, but their 11 seed is either 1-4, I'm guessing Nova was the 2nd #1, since we were probably the 3rd #3. So, again I'm guessing, Dayton was the 3rd #11...just a guess.

11. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Buddy has to shoot it better and continue to get to the basket for easy points and free throws. Woodard needs to get that assist to turnover ration to 2:1 and make mid range jumpers. Cousins has to continue to play strong defense and can't disappear offensively for long stretches. Spangler needs confidence and has to continue to rebound.

ABOVE ALL keep Dayton from going on runs.

12. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I've stated before, that we will need to play very well to come out of this one with a win. Dayton will have the crowd advantage for sure. We can wear them down, but only if we get the kind of bench contributions we had against Albany.

Buddy has to score 20 or more. TT repeat his performance. Guard limit the turnovers.

MSU won, so as it stands, we are the highest remaining seed in the East Region.

It's all laid out for the taking. Let's go get it for a change.

13. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We need to come out and make a statement and show everyone we're capable of doing some damage. Get the players some extra confidence by looking dominant.

14. birddog

We should be able to handle em on the boards. Dayton is vertically challenged. Gonna be huge to go inside-out, drive and kick, whatever we have to do to free up our big guys. I'm afraid Woodard will have a rough day dealing with their quickness but I think they'll wear down in the second half.Time to get prime!

15. soonerstan56

soonerstan56 Member

Let's let 'er rip tater chip!!!!

stan

16. Soonerjeepman

Good lord goietlib is announcing....

Already pushing Dayton as the "darling"...geeze

17. Sooner95

haha, was about to say, there he is...

from twitter.

#Sooners with usual starters. Dayton goes 7 deep, nobody taller than 6-foot-6. Here we go...

Lets go!!!

18. Blue

I don't mind Gotlieb...I know Im in the minority

19. Blue

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

20. Sooner95

Yea! Take advantage of their poor start. Crush their dreams!!! 9-0 early.