1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA 2008 Stadium Screenshots

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Rhino, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

The Fock:
    [​IMG]

More here.

2. PrideTrombone

PrideTrombone New Member

They got the obstructed view from half of A&M's seats down very well. :)

[​IMG]

3. AzianSooner

AzianSooner Well-Known Member

I don't like the current GayLord family stadium sideline. It's too narrow.

4. OUstud

OUstud New Member

5. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I love it! When you sit on the first couple of rows, you're right in the middle of the action. Love it!

6. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

The Cotton Bowl has the OU and Hook 'em fans all wearing North Carolina Blue for some odd reason... :confused:

7. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Plus it doesn't have the new temporary seating they have for the OU/TX game, the state fair rides are missing, either the press box or the scoreboard is on the wrong side of the stadium (hard to tell since the screwed up the ramp too).

But other than that....

8. CincySooner

CincySooner Active Member

heh... I had no idea that the RRS drew so many Air Force fans.

9. boomersooner82

boomersooner82 New Member

What's wrong with fans being right on top of the action? That's the problem with most stadiums, they put functionality in front of atmosphere. There are way to many places (most of the Big 12) that haven't lowered their fields after removing tracks so fans on the front row are still a good 20 feet away from the field. I hate all of the BCS sites because there's a vitual mile between the sidlines and the stands. The best stadiums (for football, European soccer, or basketball arenas) have seats that bump right up against the playing field.

10. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

how was the sideline at Owen Field ever wider than it is now, except for the added inch or so around the perimeter when they bricked it. i still liked the white paint and the unique boxed yard line script. but, no one asked me. still looks good.

11. SoonerInHouston

SoonerInHouston New Member

I believe, and someone who knows can correct me if I am wrong, the original Owen Field had a track field around it At some time later the playing surface was lowered to add several rows of seats thus narrowing the sidelines and end areas.

12. OSUAggie

OSUAggie New Member

hmm..... So now it's ok to have a wall by the sideline?

13. I_SMELL_FEAR

I_SMELL_FEAR New Member

only if your stadium runs north and south, and there is no risk of players/coaches getting tetanus from being to close to the rusting steel supports.

14. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

15. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's not the Cotton Bowl, nor is it based on the Cotton Bowl. It's a generic stadium (also used for schools like Troy and Nevada) since I guess EA spends too much of their time putting stupid and irrelevant features into the game, instead of making an option run game feasible or toning down the long-ball accuracy, or having updated stadiums (Wazzu doesn't have theirs, Stanford's is out of date, and the Alamodome isn't in there, for example). Every QB in Division 1 can at least come within 4 inches of their receivers' hands 50+ yards down the field? I did not know that. :rolleyes:

Plus they don't have the right logo on our helmets.

16. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dam it if your going to do it , do it right or dont do it at all.

17. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Great, now I have to go home and take another shower because I agree with aggy.

"functionality in front of atmosphere"? What the hell? How is "atmosphere" supposed to make some poor 19 year old kid that just ran into a brick wall feel better?

"Hey man, sorry about your concussion...but you should SEE these donor seats! You know, I mean, once you stop seeing all blurry and stuff."

18. TopDawg

Well every stadium has a wall somewhere on their sideline. It's just that in order to touch most of them, you have to leave the field of play.

On the other hand, your field served as the inspiration for Arena Football.

19. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

20. TopDawg