1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs vs. Heat

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by colleyvillesooner, Jun 4, 2006.

1. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thought a new thread would be good for the finals.

Predictions? Thoughts? Matchup problems? Anyone hate the 2-3-2 as much as me?

I think Dirk will give the Heat fits. I also think Howard should guard Wade. Can't wait for Thursday.

Mavs in 6.

2. GDC

GDC New Member

Nowitzki is from Wurzburg, I ate some strudel there once.:)

3. colleyvillesooner

Not the type of first reply I was looking for, but I'll take it. :D

4. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't wait for David Stern to had the trophy to Dick Bavetta and Joey Crawford.

NormanPride likes this.
  5. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

this will be the most physical series the mavs have had.........griffin will get some playing time against Wade as well as Howard....really wish we had DJ Mbenga to get some foul minutes against Shaq

i really have no idea how we match up, i just havent watched the Heat play enough to know

6. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Dude, if this new thread dooms us, I'ma whup your *ss. ;)

7. colleyvillesooner

Why would the thread doom us?

It's just more managable than the big *** one. :D

8. GDC

GDC New Member

Top Dawg has taught me a valuable lesson about jinxing the Yanks with threads and/or posts. Also see the recent Detroit thread.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69916

9. colleyvillesooner

Just stating who I think will win, and wanted to see what others think. I'll make sure the Mavs don't read this thread, see that I picked them, and get all cocky. ;)

10. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Heat in four. ;)

11. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

That other thread was good enough to get us to the Finals! You're F*CKIN' WITH MOJO, DAMMIT!!! ;)

12. SelmaBamaFan

SelmaBamaFan SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's basketball...

Pro basketball at that...

Who cares?

13. Big Red Ron

Cities with NBA teams would be my guess.

14. jk the sooner fan

you know us as the "dallas lunch crew"

we're big Mavs fans....WE care

15. colleyvillesooner

Fine, post in the other one. Or, maybe that one only had enough Mojo to get us to the Finals. This one may be the one to get us sover the hump. ;)

16. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We've waited, in some cases, 26 years for this day to happen. And in doing so, have suffered through watching what arguably was the worst professional sports franchise in the 90's while watching our neighbors to the south in Houston and San Antonio battle for Western Conference and sometimes NBA supremacy.

Which would be analagous to your program's rise back to prominence after watching Florida and Auburn dominate for so long. ;)

17. Big Red Ron

Which is what will make the Mavs beat down all the more entertaining. :D

18. jk the sooner fan

dude, i remember when i was living here in high school....people went to Mavs games to watch the other teams when they came to town

this franchise has come A VERY LONG way, and frankly its Mark Cuban (imo) that brought us to the promised land.

we actually get a real banner to hang in the AAC now, hopefully we can add a bigger one with 4 more wins

19. colleyvillesooner

No kidding. I remember being a little kid and getting excited cause the Bulls we're coming to town. Or looking at the sports page, and saying "Wow, the mavs won." Long time coming, and Cuban is the reason.

We won more games (227) in the last four years than we did in the 90's (206)

20. SoonerProphet

SoonerProphet Well-Known Member

Hey now, sounds like some folks are disrespecting the likes of Uwe Blab, Detlef Schrempf, and my man James Donaldson. Don't be hating. Some of those mid 80's teams were not all that bad. Just couldn't beat Pat and Showtime.