1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My goodness, What Injection Waste-Water bunch is injecting around Cushing?

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by aurorasooner, Oct 15, 2015.

1. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I guess this is old news down there. Are there any rivers around Cushing that flow to the east into the Arkansas River and, if so, does the State have any contingency plans to limit an oil spill from flowing downstream?

I just read this article in the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/us/new-concern-over-quakes-in-oklahoma-near-a-hub-of-us-oil.html?_r=0

and I can't believe the state is letting anyone inject anywhere near this oil hub/storage facility or is this just an ""after-shock continuance of that Prague quake? Seems like that fault line that caused the big Prague quake runs north but I don't know if it's the same fault that causing this Cushing mess.

2. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

3. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Injecting wastewater back into the ground doesn't cause earthquakes.

Earthquakes don't cause damage. They're actually healthy to rearrange things inside the house and around the yard.

Injection wastewater actually tastes better than natural spring water. We should prefer it.

People that call Oklahoma the New Swiss Cheese Land don't understand.

5-0