1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience at tonight's game...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by thatmediadude, Oct 31, 2009.

1. thatmediadude

thatmediadude New Member

So,

Ou is up 21-0 really quick...everything is going GREAT. OU is moving the ball down the field, sacking the QB, forcing 3 and outs and scoring at will..

THEN..

The other team, K-State...starts moving the ball a little here and there and scoring on OU a little more than we'd all like to have seen happen.

*Here's the fun part*
    There was a fan behind me... Here were some of his lines.
    1. GET OUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR AS*** BOYS
    2. WILSON, YOU OUGHT TO DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP OUT OF THE PRESSBOX
    3. YOU ALL ARE TERRIBLE.
    4. THESE BOYS NEED TO DO SOME SOUL SEARCHING, CAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PERFORMANCE THIS SHI*** IN ALL MY YEARS.
    5. OU AIN'T HUSTLIN...KSTATE IS ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN D-1. WHY CAN'T WE TACKLE.
    6. STOOPS HAS LOST THIS TEAM TO A BUNCH OF EGO'S.
    7. WE HAVE TO GOT TO BLITZ EVERY DOWN.
    8. 1ST DOWN RUN FOR 4 YARDS??? WHY!??
    9....this one happened about 50 times. (I'M SO SICK OF ALL THIS BULLSH** THAT WE CALL A FOOTBALL GAME.. WE SHOULDN'T EVER LOSE)

Now, you might be thinking, 'yeah, i know that guy'. Fellas, this happend from the VERY start of the drive where K-state scored. From there, to the end....

This is ridiculous....Utterly and completely ridiculous. This makes me embarrassed, and if you're one of these fans...I'm sorry FOR you.

Great win guys.. not all of them can be perfect. Let's go get NEBRASKA!!

Boomer Sooner!

2. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Reminded me of the 2003 Big 12 Championship game.

Then the nightmare sequence went away and defense held in the last two drives.

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

you weren't in Section 16 were you? :O

4. thatmediadude

thatmediadude New Member

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, I was a little embarrassed - that was my grandma. She's a tough critic at times.

AlbqSooner likes this.
  7. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

It was a good game...our offense is starting to put it together and the defense will be there when we need them to be there. no worries.

8. betterstill

betterstill New Member

When things do got go well there are always a few fans who mouth off about the coaches. They like to do it when the crowd is not cheering so everybody around can hear them. I never pay any attention to these people.

I get kind of tired seeing the posts complaining about the fans. It happens after nearly every game. Then a bid discussion ensues and the same people argue in favor of the fans and against them. In my opinion, those who love to complain about fan behavior are not too much different than those who complain about the coaching all the time.

Me, I tend to complain about complainers. So I guess I am guilty too. :)

9. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

That's too bad. Section 9 is usually better behaved. I'll give them a stern talking to next time I'm back in Norman.

10. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the play when it was uptempo. It had those Puddys on their heels.

I also like it when Landry hits D. Miller in stride. With a head of steam he looks scary good. Kinda like Broyles on steroids. Too many times he catches the ball with no YAC. Maybe the passes aren't on the money. I don't expect Landy to be Sam, tho. Given time.........

Thanks Sooners, for keeping up the intensity late in the game.

:cool: 5-0

11. perculator

perculator New Member

the dude was right on #9.....we shouldn't ever lose a game.

12. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

Did he have anything to say about the refs not calling KState for basically tackling our DL for most of the 2nd half? It's hard to make a play when you are in a bear hug or on the ground.

I may have a few "come on" or "tackle somebody" shouts but I've never understood those who just constantly have to b**** about something.

13. Sasakwa

Sasakwa New Member

Well, as you know, if you pay for a ticket you not only get access to the stands, you have purchased the absolute, undeniable right to: (i) complain about coaches; (ii) ridicule 19 year old kids; and (iii) ruin the night for other fans.

Its says so in the small print on the back of the ticket.

14. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

You don't have to go to a game to hear that crap. Just hang around here for a while. It's amazing how many football geniuses hang around this board. And by "geniuses" I really mean "clueless dumbasses."

15. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

I have to admit, I'm a complainer who wants the coaches fired after bad stretches and every player who commits a dumb personal foul to be kicked off the team. Then on Sunday, while having a cup of coffee and recovering from my hangover, I think, "Maybe we should just let them off with a stiff reprimand."

When at the games, I'm better behaved, as I realize I sound like a jerk. My wife already knows this, so at home, I yell all I want.

Regards,
    Clueless Dumbass

16. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Now that's what I call putting on the tennis shoe and lacing it up.

I'll drop eff bombs, throw my hat at the TV, etc., but the number of idiots who spend the entire game - sometimes EVERY ****ING PLAY going "Wilson, you suck, Stoops you suck, player X, you suck, blah blah blah" wear me out. In a not excellent way.

17. SoonerMavrick25

SoonerMavrick25 New Member

I had the same issue at OU/TX. Then the same doosher, leaned over and told his wife that a Junior shouldn't make throws like that.. After Landry's 2nd pick... I calmly pointed out that he was a rs Freshman. And fans like him give OU a bad rep.

18. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Wait a minute.. we lost a game? Really? When did that happen?

P.S. Had a great time at the game Saturday night with my daughter. Her Mother may be a Kansas State fan but I'm teaching her the real facts of life. Boomer.. Sooner! :D

Piware likes this.
  19. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No freaking kidding!

20. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

I was glad to see the imprpovement on 3rd down conversions......